𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 » 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Makena stood next to Shuri, both of them in their respective suits. All the warriors of the Jabari and River tribe were walking to the ship, M'Baku and Nakia leading them.

Nakia noticed Shuri and Makena and walked over to stand by them. "Morning," she greeted in Xhosa.

"Good morning," Shuri replied.

"If we survive this, I want you to know you have a home with me in Haiti," Nakia spoke. She looked to Makena who was busy messing with her knife. "You too, Makena." Makena glanced at her and looked back down, not sure what to say to that.

Shuri clearly didn't know what to say either so neither of them said a thing. "Here. Both of you take my hands," Nakia said.

Makena sighed and took one of Nakia's hands and Shuri grabbed her other one. "Now grab each other's," Nakia said. Makena sighed again and they both used their two free hands and intertwined them.

"Breathe," Nakia said. Makena and Shuri did as told.

"Shuri, I want you to be honest with me. Who did you see when you took the herb?" Nakia asked. Makena removed her hand from Nakia's and turned around, pretending to look over the ships.

Shuri removed her hand from Nakia's as well. "If you go to war for vengeance it will not fill the hole left from her loss. It will only grow larger, and it will consume you." Nakia said.

Shuri glanced to Nakia, "It already has."

Nakia glanced at Makena for any sort of help on the subject but got nothing. Makena wasn't stepping in Shuri's way like Nakia thought she would.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Makena stood on the ship next to M'Baku, waiting for the Talokan to arrive. She noticed that the ship was no longer invisible so that signaled that they were here.