.8.

|WALKING out the tent, Hazel watched around. The black cat costume covered her curves as her hair was tied into two high buns that sat right behind her fake cat ears. Enid forced her to put on the whiskers and nose, which was fine when it dried.

She felt like cat woman from all the comics she read, so of course she felt very bold. She grabbed the tail her costume had and swung it boredly. "Wow... Definitely new" She turned, spotting the Jester working towards her.

"It is" Hazel said, her eyes lingering over this costume. It was a jester type outfit with Joker like makeup. Hazel usually hated clowns. But for this man, she would make heals of exceptions.

"I'm gonna beat your kitty ass Hazel." Hazel laughs, and hits his shoulder lightly. "I'll beat your clown looking ass first" Xavier smield and goes to say something when Enid grabs Hazels arm.

"No communication with the enemy Hazel!" Enid exclaimed pulling Hazel away while giving Xavier the 'I'm watching you' motion before getting down to the docks where their canoes sat, waving in the water.

Hazel got inside her Canoe, holding her ore up. Hazel couldn't help but look over at the Jester Canoe. Her eyes traveling to the one and only Xavier Thorpe.

He smiled at her, the painted grin on his face creeping her out. She smiled back and looked away when Wednesday snapped a 'focus' at both her and Enid.

"For the record, I don't believe I'm better than everyone else. Just that I'm better than you" Wednesday said, lookig over at Bianca's Canoe. Hazel sighed, knowing both of those two will be butting heads like Rams.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allen Poe cup! This is one of nevermore proud annual traditions. Dating back 125 years. Each team must row to raven island. Rescue a flag from cracks tone crypt then hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year. As well as some special privileges" Principal Weems says to the crowd of Nevermore Students who weren't participating in the event.

"Let the poe cup begin!!" Hazel immediately started padling the rythem of the team. They seemed to being the middle before the Jester Canoe caught up and crossed their path. Hazel glared at the cocky grin Xavier wore as he past as they paddled ahead of the girls.

Hazel kept paddling till the purple team with the hooded cloaks joined side with them. She soon gasped and ducked as large axes swirled to take her head off.

But then she noticed they were struggling for some reason. Like they couldn't turn. Then they crashed into the large red floating thing in the lake.

Hazel breathed heavily as she kept paddling looking st the back of Wedneaday head. "He's close Wednesday. The Siren." She informed.  Wednesday got out her spy glass and looked ahead. "Thing." She simply said.

Thing crawled from his spot under hazels seat and pulled a little notch that was at Wednesday's seat. Hazel smirked as she felt the struggle Kent, the Siren, was in.

"Is he gone Hazel?" Wedneaday asked. Hazel smiled. "Yes ma'am" Wedneaday smirked, her inventioned worked and along side this witch it was bound to work perfectly in her favor.

As they docked at ravens island Wednesday got out. "Enid, Hazel. Stay here." Wedneaday raced off and Hazel looked at Enid with a tiny smirk. "Thing go distract some jokers. Me and Miss Hazel are going rogue!" As thing distracted that jesters.

Enid and Hazel went over to their boat. Hazle hurriedly placed the itching powder on the guy's front seat, before mumbling a spell to make it invisible. Her and Enid back off when Hazel felt Xavier aura come running back.

She looked at him and smiled. "I really do like your makeup Xavier. Who did it for you?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at the boy. Xavier goes to answer proudly when Ajax slapped him in the shoulder.

"She's flirting to distract you dude. Don't listen to her." Ajax explained. Xavier turned to the witch and smirked. "Well sweetheart if u wanna play that game... who did your suit? It fits purrrr-fectly around your curves" Hazel flirting plan had failed when she turned a dark red at Xaviers reverse tactic.

Soon the jesters were off and Hazel was completely confused on both where Wedneaday was and how her tiny little flirt comment backfired. But too be honest she loved how it backfired.

"Hurry up Wedneaday! We gotta go!!" Enid shouted as Wedneaday ran through the bushes and to the Canoe. Far away from them Xavier noticed the sink in their canoe and looked down at the scratched marks thst have damaged their canoe.

On the side was also incravings of a heart and then hazels name. "Wait what's going on?!" He yelled out as bith markings let ing water. Their canoe was sinking. Sinking fast.

He looked to his side and saw a blond egirl smirking with her catty friends as they passed him. He was not happy but was a little impressed by their intelligence.

But his anger soon faded when Hazel leaned over and stole his jester hat. "Hey! That's mine!!" Hazel giggled and she put it on Her head as if it were a crown.

She soon continued to paddle with her peers. She smield at how she was able to swipe the winning away from Xavier. Hazel then felt her stomach turned. And not in a good way.

"Wednesda-" She was cut off but a sudden push of the canoe. She gasped and looked iver edge to see a slimey Siren tail snd grumbled. "Thing" that was all she had to say before thing ploped into the water.

She waited a few more seconds before giving her team's mates the all go and they successfully stabbed Bianca's Canoe with their spikes. They paddled back to land and run to the finish line with their flag in hand.

They crossed the finish line in victory. "Omg wedneaday we did it. This is the best moment of my entire life!" Enkd called doutx shaking Wednesday's arm then hugged hazels side.

"Admit you kind spot into the whole school spirit thing" Hazel smirked at Wednesday as they both turned to watch Bianca swim to the dock.

"You didn't mention that it was a dark vengeful spirit"

~

"The first poe cup took place in 1897. As a way to not only represent Nevermores famous alimiy but to celebrate the values that all Outcasts share. Community! Perservance! And determination! And we most certainly saw those on the lake today!" Principal Weems picked dust he cup and handed it to Enid.

Who, BTW, looked liek she was going to explode into confiti. Everyone cheered and clapped. Hazel looked around and saw Xavier clapping and smiled at him. Xavier grinned back at her.

She walked down to him and smiles wider. "I guess I won" Xavier laughed. "Your gonna brag and brag all year aren't you?" Hazel nodded rapidly. "I'll keep your hat as a trophy to your lose and my win" Xavier laughed more.

"Thank you for that."

~

As Wednesday got up she looked at her two roommates. Both were fast a asleep and cuddling two very different things. She felt herself smirk before walking out. Enid was keeping the poe cup close to herself while Hazel was cuddling a far more comfortable thing...

Xaviers Jester Hat

|Wednesday|