Chapter 1

Adriana POV

I startled out of bed when suddenly there was a knock on my bedroom door and I heard my big sister Carina' "Adriana you have to get up or you'll be late on your first day as an intern." I got up grumpily and went to take a shower. When I got to the kitchen Carina had already made breakfast and my sister-in-law Maya was frantically packing up her things for work because she was already running a little late. "Good morning grumpy Bambina" said Carina and gave me a cup of coffee, thankfully I accepted the coffee and drank a sip. Then I went into the room of my 2 year old daughter Lucia, after I had woken her up,I got her ready and went with her in my arms into the kitchen. Maya and Carina were both already gone by that time.
After breakfast I looked at the clock and realized that I had lost track of time a bit so we had to hurry now.
When we arrived at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital I quickly took Lucia to the nursery but it didn't go as fast as I thought because she started crying and wouldn't let go of me. "Lucia please let go of Mommy,I will come right over on my break I promise." "No Mommy stay!" "I can't, I have to work." I handed Lucia to the nursery teacher and quickly walked out of the nursery. It was her first day at nursery and it was as hard for me as it was for her.
I quickly ran down the hallways in the hospital so I wouldn't miss Dr.Webber's speech. I barely made it halfway through the speech after which we were assigned to our attendings. "DeLuca, you'll be working with Dr. Avery in plastic surgery today," Dr. Webber said.

I went in search of Dr. Avery and after a nurse told me that he was in the attending's office, I went to the attending's office and knocked on the door.
"Come in" I heard a man's voice that sounded familiar but I couldn't place it.
When I walked in and saw a handsome shirtless doctor I immediately placed the voice back and remembered him.
Three years ago I had a one night stand with him and got pregnant.
Since we hadn't exchanged numbers and I only knew his first name.It was hard to look for him and tell him about the pregnancy. After all there were over hundreds of Jackson's in Seattle.
Please don't be Dr. Avery, I thought to myself as I asked him, "Are you Dr. Avery?" He put on his srubs. "Yes, I'm Dr. Jackson Avery." Fuck this is going to get complicated.
"I'm Dr.Adriana DeLuca,first year resident. Dr.Webber assigned me to you for the day."
"Great, then we can start right away. In 10 minutes I have an operation." He said and we went to the OR.He told me everything about the patient. So now I was standing in the operating room across from my daughter's father and had no idea what to expect.
"Are you related to Carina and Andrew DeLuca?" "Yes Andrew is my twin brother and Carina is our big sister." "Then why aren't you and Andrew in the same year? How does it come that he is 3 years ahead of you? You don't seem stupid." "Actually, we would have started here at the same time, but a few days before we started here I learned about my pregnancy.Which is why I had to step out of the program and started it today." "Then congratulations on the child. Children are certainly something great but I'm not sure if I want any someday" he said.
Oh, should I even tell him if he doesn't want children and how should I tell him something like that?
"Can I ask why you don't want kids Dr.Avery?"
He shrugged a little and looked at me "There is no specific reason but I just don't really see myself as a father or husband.But who knows maybe that will change when I meet the right woman. Are you married to the father of your child?"
"No, I'm raising my daughter alone."