Chapter 11

Adriana POV

The next days Andrew and Carina helped me to remember everything again.
Jackson did not visit me during this time, because Carina had forbidden him to do so until I remembered him again.

When I remembered everything again I had him paged.
Andrew and Carina had to work so Jackson and I were alone when he came into my room.

"Hey" I greeted him and looked at him.
"Hey can you remember me again? Because if not Carina will probably chase me out of here again. Because I'm banned from visiting according to her."
I looked at him and had to grin slightly. "I can remember everything again, so don't worry Carina won't chase you out. I'm sorry I forgot about you."

Jackson sat down on the chair next to my bed. "You don't have to be sorry but you should be sorry that you didn't tell me about your husband Massimo."

I had to swallow when he mentioned Massimo. "Jackson I'm sorry I didn't tell you about him but Massimo and I aren't together anymore and haven't been for almost 4 years."
"Then why haven't you divorced him?" Jackson asked me with a serious tone of voice, looking me in the eye.
"It's not as easy as you think. Massimo and I went through a lot together and at some point I packed my things in the night and just disappeared. So it isn't really that easy to just call him and ask for a divorce."
"You just left him like that in the night without talking to him?" Jackson asked me, stunned.
"We talked about separation and divorce before but he didn't want it. He kind of left me no choice but to leave him like that."

Jackson didn't know what he wanted to say. "I know it sounds like I'm a terrible person but you don't know what he's done so you shouldn't judge me."
"It does sound terrible but until you tell me the whole story I can't say how I feel about it either. But after I know about your husband I don't know what to do about us."
"I don't think we should go forward at all Jackson. I'm carrying around too many problems from my past like my husband and I don't want to burden you with them."
"Adriana that's not your decision with what you burden me with."
"Yes it is I just decided Jackson, it better be over now before it really starts and I fall in love with you."
"But there's a problem, I've already fallen in love with you and I'm going to fight for you."

As Jackson said this the door opened and a man in a suit walked in.
"Are you Adriana DeLuca?" he asked me. "Yes, and who are you?"
"Officer Johnson from immigration. You're here illegally and you're being deported with your daughter. You are flying back to Italy today." He showed me his badge.

I was shocked and tears came to my eyes. "How did you find me?"
"When you were admitted to the hospital because of the accident you had, there was a message in our system. We just waited until you were stable enough for transport."
Another officer came in with Lucia and Carina and Andrew were running after him and wanted to stop him from taking Lucia.
When she saw me she ran to my bed. "Mommy."

Jackson just looked shocked at the officers.
"No you can't deport them both. Adriana is still in the hospital and Lucia is my daughter!" Jackson yelled at the officers and took Lucia in his arms and stood at my bedside with her.
Officer Johnson looked at Jackson. "There are also hospitals in Italy where Ms. DeLuca can receive further treatment and there is no father listed on the child's birth certificate. So if you want to obstruct an official order, we have no problem arresting you."

Carina and Andrew tried to calm the situation.
I looked at Jackson with tears in my eyes and started to cry. "It's okay... They are just doing their job Jackson and I made the mistake of coming here illegally.... Just forget about us..I want you to be happy without us.."

"I will never forget you Adriana or be happy without you and Lucia. Don't say that, I will make sure you come back." Jackson said with tears in his eyes and kissed me. I returned the kiss.

He hugged Lucia tight. "Go with Mommy Babygirl and I will make sure that you both come back as soon as possible to be with Daddy,your aunties Carina,Maya and Vic and your uncles Andrew and Travis again.I promise that to you.And never forget that Daddy loves you and Mommy so much." Lucia just nodded and didn't understand the situation.

I was allowed to freshen up quickly and say goodbye to Jackson and my siblings.
Afterwards I took Lucia in my arms and was led by the officers to their car.
Carina,Andrew and Jackson came after us and watched the officers drive away with us.

At the airport, Lucia and I were put on the next flight to Italy and escorted by Officer Johnson so that he knew we were actually landing in Italy and wouldn't try to stay in the US.