Chapter 3

Adriana POV

Jackson and I went to the bar after shift.
We sat down at a table, pretty quickly a bartender came and took our order.
"I'll have a scotch.What do you want Adriana? Remember I'm paying so you can have whatever you want."
"Well if that's the case.I'll have a beer and some fries."
The bartender then went back to preparing our order.
"Fries and beer? I thought we were just going to have drinks" Jackson said laughing and looking at me.
"You said I could have anything I wanted and I wanted fries.This day has made me hungry." "But you ate something in the cafeteria two hours ago when you were sitting with Carina and Andrew." "Yeah, but you said it yourself, it's been 2 hours and Andrea just ended up stealing my food." Jackson had to laugh when he saw that I looked slightly offended when I told him that Andrew stole my food. "Well, if I had known that, we would have had a real meal" Jackson told me. "Are you even hungry?" "No, but you are hungry so it would have been worth it anyway."
The bartender brought our order and we toasted to my first day as a resident.
"I'd like to know a little more about you if that's okay with you" I said looking at Jackson.
"Yeah sure just ask anything you want to know"
"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked him.
"No but until recently I was dating my stepsister Maggie." "Dr.Maggie Pierce,head of cardiology is your stepsister?And you slept with her?" I looked at Jackson in shock. "Yes. Richard is her father but she was adopted. That's a long story and since Richard married my mom a few weeks ago she's now my stepsister.I can understand why you're shocked.At first I was too when she told me she was Richard's daughter and then Richard said he was going to marrying my mom." replied Jackson.
"Dr. Richard Webber is your stepfather?" "Yeah all the relationships and family relationships in the hospital can be complicated but eventually you know them all soon."
I just nodded and ate my fries as Jackson stole a couple of fries from me and I lightly slapped his hand "I thought you weren't hungry." "I'm not but fries are always good" Jackson said.
"You got that right" I said as I pushed the plate more towards the middle so Jackson could get to it better. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked me. "No I'm single.With a toddler it's not so easy to meet new guys.Parties and being out late at night with friends is just rare to impossible these days."
Jackson just nodded in understanding "You're raising your daughter all by yourself?"
"Yes so I raise her alone but I live in a big house with Andrea,Carina, her wife Maya and my best friends Vic and Travis who work together with Maya at Station 19. We are kind of like one big chaotic family and they all help me with my daughter. They love the little one to death and would do anything for her." "That sounds like great siblings and friends especially when they will do anything to make your daughter happy" Jackson said smiling. "They really are and yes they will do anything to make her laugh. Travis accidentally ran into the wall once when he was looking at his phone and Lucia had been crying before but then immediately stopped and laughed when Travis said ouch. Travis and Andrea now always act like they're going to run into a wall when Lucia cries and won't calm down." Jackson laughed when I told him about it.
We sat in the bar for a few more hours. We talked a lot, drank a few more beers and scotches and also ordered a few more fries. I don't know how but we ended up playing a few rounds of darts.
I was grinning at him and jumped for joy as I won against him for the third time in a row and I never played darts before.
"You're only winning because I'm already very drunk." "I'm just as drunk as you are so you can't use that as an excuse" I said with a cheeky grin.
"We should both get home so we can get to work on time tomorrow" Jackson said and paid the bill. We then walked outside and Jackson called an Uber for us.
"Thank you for such a great evening Jackson. I haven't had this much fun in a long time" "I had a blast too and we should definitely do this again. Or we could just not let the evening end yet" Jackson said while he came a little closer and kissed me. I was surprised for a moment but then returned the kiss and we made out lightly in front of the bar while waiting for our Uber. "How about you come with me to my place?" asked Jackson me.
"We shouldn't do that Jackson.You're my attending and that would just end up causing problems." "Right now though I'm not your attending and you're not my resident.Right now we're just two hot people who are under the influence of alcohol and both want to have some fun" Jackson whispered in my ear and kissed my neck.
I enjoyed his touch but he had to stop when our Uber arrived.