Injuries

A.N: My stupid ass just realized I've been spelling "Beatrix" as "Beatrice". I'm choosing to ignore it since I can't be bothered changing it :/

The next morning, I make my way down to breakfast, hoping Lesso will be there. She is. I take a seat across from her. She smiles as I sit. "Lady Lesso, it's lovely to have you back with us." I smile. She nods, swallowing her mouthful of food. "Yeah. I've been pretty busy the last few days." she lies. I nod, following along. "Not too stressed, I hope." She shakes her head. "No. Draining, however. I've felt exhausted all week." she says, adding to the lies.

Professor Dovey takes a seat next to me. "Lady Lesso, you're back." she exclaims. Lesso nods. "Yes, I am indeed." she says. "Where have you been?" Dovey asks her, side eyeing me in the process. "I've been feeling pretty exhausted all week so I've been spending a lot of time by myself." Lesso says, lying to Dovey's face. Professor Dovey looks convinced. "Oh, that sucks. I'm glad you're feeling better." she says sympathetically. Lesso nods.

As I rise from my seat, Lesso clears her throat. "Princess Y/n, do you have a minute?" she asks innocently. "Of course, Lady Lesso." I reply. We walk side by side out of the hall. "What is it?" I ask, a slightly concerned look on my face. "I just wanted to- thank you for yesterday." she stutters. I smile sympathetically. "Of course, Leonora. Any time." I reply. I rub her arm. Her gaze instantly flicks to my hand, then back to my eyes. She blushes slightly, but attempts to hide it by looking behind her.

"Right, well I better get going. I have a lesson to sort out." she says, breaking the comfortable silence. I nod. "Ooh, yes. So do I, actually. I have an Archery class this morning." We both head off in opposite directions. Once I reach the field, I click my fingers and instantly change into a more comfortable practise outfit. I lay out the targets, and stand up with bows. I quickly sort out a list of who is shooting at what target. As I'm doing so, the bell rings signalling for the students to make their way to class.

Within minutes, students start flowing out of the doors. Tedros is the first over to me. The sight of him reminds me about the book I now have stashed in my desk draw. "Tedros, can you come see me after class? I have something to show you." I say, laughing slightly. "Why are you laughing? What is it?" he asks, confused. "A book about Camelot I found in the library. It's absolutetly hilarious." I explain. He nods, with a smile. "Okay, I'll come grab it later." he replies, walking over to is mates.

Gregor comes up to me as a few other students cross the field in our direction. "Miss Pendragon, are we still going to find books in the library?" he asks sweetly. "Of course, Gregor. Before we do, I have to get something from my class to give to Tedros, but if you come with us, we can head straight there after." I answer. He nods.

"Alright class, I'll quickly do the class register. Then, you will split off into groups I have assigned for you." A quick three minutes later, everyone is in their correct groups and standing infront of a target. The more skilled archers are closest to the forest, while the less confident archers are over by me so I can assist them. I make sure everyone is lined up safely before arrows are fired. "Right, young archers. Before any arrows are fired, make sure you're a safe distance behind the person firing. I will let you all know when you can retrieve your arrows." I order. Everyone nods.

The first round of arrows are fired, and a couple hit the targets. After the arrows are retrieved, I make my way through the groups helping with stances and other techniques that need working on. Just as the second group is about to fire, I notice two or three boys pointing over to the doors. I turn my head. It's Lady Lesso's class. What a coincidence. I shake my head, hiding my smile. "Come on everyone. Make sure your full attention is on what you're doing. We don't want any injuries." I warn. Everyone snaps their attention back to their targets.