WANDERER . shelter

SHELTER ... Wanderer x GN!Reader

 Wanderer x GN!Reader

SYNOPSIS ... He doesn't care much for other people's opinion about him, all he ever wanted was validation from his mother. But who would've thought that he would seek validation from someone else instead.

NOTES ... One more Scara one shot because he's coming in a few days.

CONTENTS ... ei and scara has a bad relationship, mentions of other characters, hurt/comfort because he deserves it

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He doesn't understand it. Why is she like this? He's been trying, attempting to at least have his mother look at him with a slight look of proudness, a look that says she is proud to have him as her son. That's all.

So he doesn't understand, after all his time spent on hardships and perfecting his mistakes, why does he never get recognition for his hard work? All his mother ever sees is failure, in his eyes, his mother valued solidity much more than he values her son.

He was tired of experiencing the same words, the same events, the same disappointment, the same everything... 

So it wasn't technically his fault when the words he was always holding back fell out of his mouth, right? It was merely a sign he was mentally tired, burnt out about everything in life. But apparently, his mother didn't see it the same way as he did. His mother never had a proper understanding of human emotions, he wasn't surprised when she kicked him out of the house for his coarse behavior.

Now here he was, sitting on a swing at a park as heavy rain continued to fall down, wetting his hair and clothes. It wasn't comforting in any way possible, but Scaramouche was at least grateful that he wasn't hearing her voice anymore. He was nearing his breaking point already.

The rain grew stronger and stronger, the night sky covering Scaramouche's figure with the darkness as it overshadowed his state. He was also grateful for the darkness that loomed over him to shield his pathetic state to everyone outside, he doesn't want to be noticed by anyone right now, not in the state he was in.

So why the hell are you here?

The heavy rain drops have stopped falling on top of his head, an umbrella hovering on top of him as shelter from the rain. His head slightly raised up, feeling appalled as he saw your familiar face, eating ice cream while it's raining.

"Do you want some ice cream?" Taking out another wrapped ice cream cone you had just bought from a nearby convenience store. 

Scaramouche sat quietly, looking at the sealed ice cream being offered to him as you continued to bite down on yours. Seeing the frozen food made him shudder due to the coldness that the rain already offered.

"Why the hell are you eating ice cream while It's raining?"

"Why are you playing in the playground while It's raining?" Scaramouche groaned quietly, his eyes squinting to focus on your unfazed face, seeing the cold smokes of the ice cream leave your mouth. "Come on, ice cream makes you feel better right?"