Mona Megistus

"You wish for thy to divine a fate for you?"

"Yes, please! Paimon can pay if you want! It's really, really important!" Paimon nodded her head aggressively.

"Alright, if you are sure... who must thy find the fate of today?" Mona said, turning her scryglass.

Paimon hesitated slightly. "The Traveler, Lumine!" Paimon tried to keep the cheer in her voice. Perhaps outwardly Paimon was not a very emotionally mature person; but she was still heartbroken over the loss of her best (and only) friend.

Mona's eyebrows rose slightly. "The illustrious Lumine? I believe I've tried to read her fate before, to no avail.. Ah, but if you insist." Mona's scryglass glowed brightly with the blue light of her hydro magic. Paimon floated anxiously, looking around the dusty library and Mona were in.

Mona began muttering slightly under her breath, surging more power into her scryglass, and aggressively twirling the wheels. After a moment of silence, the power in Mona's scryglass faded.

Without turning to face Paimon, she said, "Paimon, what happened to the traveler? Why did you not bring her here with you? I assumed you were trying to surprise her, or perhaps find information on her brother.. But the stars have proven me wrong."

Paimon did not say anything, despite her usual tendencies to never shut up. "The Traveler is busy lately, and Paimon hasn't seen her much! What did you see in your scryglass that's got you so worried?"

Paimon lied through her teeth. One of the first times she had, actually. Mona saw right through it, but said nothing.

"The stars... the stars are so strange. A person's constellation forms the moment they are born. Each star represents a major life event, so some have more stars than others. Typically, vision wielders have the highest tendency to reach all of their stars. They say that most don't complete their constellation fate, despite it being a prophecy. To complete all of your major events, is to become eligible for immortality- for godhood."

Mona paused, and stared at Paimon before continuing. "Approximately two years ago, a new constellation appeared in the night sky. It had no record of ever existing. It is extremely difficult to read a person's constellation, but this one especially was very hidden. Not even the first star's fate could be read. And now, having met our dear Traveler, I know whose constellation that was. I thought it could not have been hers; the timelines were impossible. But I see that she is not like us."

Paimon listened attentively. "Thank you Mona! But.. Paimon doesn't see why this is important."

Mona's expression turned grim. "The Traveler's stars have all been activated but two. That many stars being activated in such a miniscule amount of time... the amount of energy would be catastrophic. Not only has the fog on the Traveler's constellation been lifted, but a star has been born at the very end of her constellation. This star is called Vega."

"Mona.. What do you mean by catastrophic..?"

"Paimon. The reason most minor gods have died, and the reason there are only seven Archons, is because activating your constellation is allowing your soul to be released. You get closer and closer to death with each star. But I fear that something much, much bigger than death will occur upon the Traveler's constellation being fulfilled. The reason I am telling you all of this,"

Mona looked at Paimon, and Paimon stared at her. "Is because I think I understand what's happened. If you want to try and save her, you'll need my help, and many others. This will not be easy, and it may not even work. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Paimon's head was a whirlwind of information. "Yes, Paimon is sure."

Mona nodded. "I see. Come here tomorrow, same time."
Paimon saluted dutifully. "Yes, Mona!" Paimon prepared to flutter out the door, before remembering the bag of coins jingling in her pocket.

"Your mora!" Paimon zipped back to Mona, plopping the bag in her unsuspecting hands, before zipping away again.

"Wait! I don't ne-" Mona began to shout after Paimon, but Paimon was gone, and Mona's yelling after her was to no avail. Mona's discomfort with taking mora from the pixie was quickly dissolved after seeing just how much she was given; nearly triple what she would charge on a particularly good business day.

Mona sat down, pulling many books on ancient astronomy out of her personal library. "Archons above, please let us all be safe, and please let the Traveler be saved." Mona found herself whispering what could've been a prayer, despite not having prayed in years. Sighing, Mona opened one of seven dusty books, and began reading on the activation of constellations.