Part 15

Summer re-rankings. Today's the day. The Summer re-rankings were set up in an enormous arena where the 12 Fatui harbingers would be forced to survive. The problem? It's full of deathtraps, deadly monsters, and, well, the Fatui harbingers. Coming out a higher rank was not common, and it was even less common to come out on top. Nothing should have given Vega the confidence she had. Yet, she was positive she could climb higher. She was strong. Sure, the harbingers could replicate the power of visions and gods. Sure, Vega didn't really know how to use her delusion or her vision. And sure, Vega had only trained for about a week total. Yet, she was sure. So sure of herself, in fact, that one might consider it concerning.

Vega stared at herself in the mirror. She looked so serious. Her bright golden eyes looked like they had sparks behind them. She had replaced her usual dress and armor with a black tunic and pants. Harbingers were required to wear the same outfits for the re-rankings, so that nobody could call foul play about the clothing they wore.

For three full days, she would be forced to camp in the wilderness, hunt animals, and fight for her life. Not to mention the other harbingers- they had to fight until someone was down. All while all of Snezhnaya watches and places bets on who'll win.

And the Tsaritsa? She's watching from afar, taking the reins of the Fatui for three days and making sure everything is still working like clockwork.

One hour. One hour until she was released into the deathtrap that was the re-rankings. It was a reminder of the Tsaritsa's power, it was something to look forward to, it was a staple. And yet, something inhuman filled Vega with rage. How dare they? How dare they make people fight for entertainment? She dismissed her angry thoughts with a huff.

Vega was prepared. She had a new sword- a beautiful golden, pearlescent and blue blade that she designed herself.

She held the blade to her finger, barely brushing it but still drawing blood

She held the blade to her finger, barely brushing it but still drawing blood. She took one last look in the mirror, stared at her outfit for a moment, and left towards the arena preparation entrance.