lals | doyoung

lals - love at last sight

i groaned as i looked over to the clock. i still had three more hours till my shift was over; feeling tired i leaned over the counter, hence there being no customers.

i felt myself growing more tired and my eyelids began to fall. that was until the bell rung signaling a person had walked in. i immediately shot up and pat my clothes down; preparing myself.

i smiled, as i saw one of our regulars walking toward the counter.

"hey! welcome doyoung, the usual?" i asked.

"yeah that'd be great thank you." he smiled back at me. doyoung's usual was our mint chocolate latte, and an egg tart.

he gave me a ten and told me to keep the change, i fought back but he insisted.

i prepared his items and swiftly brought them over to him. my hands shaking as i walked over to him. "here you go," i smiled as i placed his order down.

"thank you," he looked up at me from his computer. i glanced at what was on his computer; out of habit. i saw he was looking at apartments, maybe moving out of his parents' house.

whatever it was wasn't my business; so i walked away and back behind the register to take another customer's order. but i was too distracted on doyoung. the focused face he wore as he stared into his computer was cute.

doyoung is extremely attractive, or maybe i thought so. but whatever it is, i've always felt my heart race when he'd come around.

but i didn't think anything of it. until i realized i liked him. i never payed attention to how i felt with doyoung because i had a boyfriend.

then doyoung had started to come around the cafe this year. but before that, i had never seen him.

the break up with my boyfriend made me realize, that i like doyoung. doyoung is the one i like, that's why i fell out of love with my ex. the conversations doyoung and i would have during my breaks were so much more fun than the dates my ex would take me on.

after being deep in thought i had realized doyoung was gone. furrowing my brows i walked over to clean his table off, he left a note written on a napkin.

"hey, i'm sorry y/n but i had to go. take care."

— dobi :)

my coworker came over and hugged me. i stood there confused, "what are you doing"

"im sorry y/n.. i should've told you sooner." she said.

"w-what do you mean sooyoung?" i asked.

"doyoung, he's going back to the states. you know this right?" she questioned.

going back? is this why i've never seen him before? because he was never here. he had never been in my presence before this year..

"he was a foreign exchange student for this semester. today was his last day," she spoke. "you don't like him.. right?"

"no.. i don't."