isolophilia | yoshi

i sat alone as i ate my lunch. it's not that i didn't have friends, i've made a couple. but i really prefer to be alone.

and since being new to this school, i wasn't comfortable with lots of people.

besides, if you're not okay with being alone, you should learn to be.

i had my headphones in as i listened to music to block out the rest of my fellow classmates. most of the time people go to the cafeteria for lunch, but some students stay back in the classroom.

there was always this classmate with me. he was quite tall, he was from japan, and i'm honestly surprised he wasn't popular.

he's very handsome, and almost idol like? i'm guessing he doesn't feed into that type of crowd.

i'm usually not the type of like someone, or spark an romantic interest in anyone. but something about him drew me toward him.

he was so distant, and i liked it.

months had passed, we both still sat alone in class as we ate our lunch. and i couldn't help but steal glances at him every once in awhile.

i developed some sort of feelings for him. but i just don't know why.. we've never spoke to one another before. the most we've done was maybe look at each other.

i was talking to one of my friends about it, and then she started to ask me for what i look for in a guy.

i told her i liked someone like me. someone who had the same goals, same persona, same humor.

she smiled as she told me why i liked him. because we were so alike. i realized my type was someone like me. and that's why i've been so attached to yoshi.

she then told me i should confess to him. but i didn't know how. again, we've never spoke to one another, so how would i bring this up?

how do i even know he's interested? things are so risky..

i walked back into the classroom as my heart wanted to pound out my chest. my hands grew clammy as i approached him.

he looked up at me; taking one of his headphones  titling his head. he was just as quiet as i was, only spoke when spoken too.

but one of us had to talk.

"hi.." was all i was able to mutter out.

"hi, y/n." he said the corner of his lips curved. his cold aura left and replaced with warmth. he was actually a lot nicer than what everyone says.

"i was wondering if you wanted to be friends." i said.

"i'd love to be friends, y/n. i actually wanted to be friends for a while," he chuckled.

"wait really?" i asked.

"yeah," he smiled.