change | jaehyuk

i held onto johnny's hand as they lowered mom down. he was shaking and sobbing so i squeezed his hand giving him some confidence.

"it'll be okay." i said wiping his tears away. "you have to be strong for mom."

"then why are you crying.." he asked.

"let's just say i was strong for too long." i said.

"then keep being strong y/n!" he said.

"you can't be strong without being weak. remember that okay?"

"okay." he said. soon we all left, and made our way to the cars. there was still a bunch of relatives talking to dad. lots of them were hugging johnny as i stood to the far side.

"hey." a tap on my shoulder made me turn.

"j-jaehyuk? what are you doing here? i asked.

"i didn't plan on coming." he said.

"oh.."

"my dad forced me, since he's close with your dad." he said.

"i see," i said. "well i have to go." i crossed my arms and began walking away. he didn't try to stop me, which disappointed me.

"y/n we're getting cake!" johnny said.

"ouu yay!" i said trying to boost the mood. he grabbed my hand dragging me to the car. looking back occasionally to see my face. every time he did i would make sure to smile.

cake was mom and johnny's favorite desert. and now that she had passed, i don't know how to react hearing. cake. and people use it to celebrate, well usually.

i sat in the back seat with johnny. he sat in the middle seat, placed by me. he rested his head on my shoulder as dad drove. i usually didn't like it, but today was acceptable.

the car was silent. the only thing keeping it from
being awkward was the other cars driving by. or the occasional wind. soon we arrived at our favorite bakery. yoon's cakes.

i was first to exit the car: leaving the door open for johnny. he hopped out and ran past me and into the store. i walked behind him entering: seeing him talk to ms. yoon.

"hi ms. yoon!" johnny said running towards the pastries and cakes.

"well hello johnny, y/n." ms. yoon smiled at me.

"hi ms. yoon."

"the usual? strawberry cheesecake?" ms. yoon asked johnny.

"yes please!" he said jumping in place. as ms. yoon was preparing the cakes dad walked in with jaehyuk's dad. i didn't worry too much since my attention was on johnny.

"go talk to her." i heard someone whisper yell. then i felt a presence behind me.

jaehyuk.

i walked closer to johnny to avoid him. i knew he would tap my shoulder, or tried to turn me around. but i didn't want to talk to him right now. johnny and i sat a table farthest from the entrance. it was our favorite spot since it was closet to ms. yoon.

"y/n. you know this is my family's bakery?" jaehyuk asked towering over johnny and i.

"you own this cake?" johnny asked.

"no silly," jaehyuk chuckled.

"i own the building." he said.

"that's so coo-"

"okay? leave."

"y/n.." jaehyuk cooed.

"please don't do this. you've already done enough. i don't need to talk to you right now." i said.

"okay.. i get it. i hope all gets better for you." he said and walked away.

"what was that about?" johnny asked.

"don't worry." i smiled taking a bite of the cake.

"i thought you didn't like strawberries?" johnny asked.

"opinions can change."

-

so i guess since this could be confusing for some. i'm gonna be giving a short explanation.

"opinions can change" as in their opinion of jaehyuk had change. they no longer like him, romantically. or how ever they did before.

DONT ASK ME WHY IDK HOW SHE FELT I DONT REMEMBER OKAY? okay.