volunteer | asahi

— this one is rly short

"and that's the farm." i said as i closed the book. i was doing some volunteer work. i was always fond of kids. and wanting to have some of my own.

well, i can't. so that's why i volunteer. i didn't plan on having kids yet, i'm still young. and have no partner.. so yea.

"y/n can you read me this one?" suvi asked holding green eggs and ham, a classic.

"ouu one of my favorites growing up." i said as she sat in my lap.

"really? i love this one!" she said.

"wanna try reading it then?" i asked.

"mm.. no, you're a better reader." she said. i chuckled at how adorable she was. the parents were lucky to have such a beautiful daughter.

she adjusted herself in my lap to get comfortable as i flipped open the book. i looked down at her and saw her smiling brightly.

cute.

"i-.. i love you," she said.

"what?" i asked.

"oh! i mean i love this book!" she said embarrassed. i chuckled at her cuteness. looking up as someone called for her i met eyes with who i assumed was her brother?

"asahi~!" she quickly got up from my lap and jumped into the guy's arms.

"hey suvi," he smiled as he embraced her. i smiled as i watched the two.

"hi, i'm suvi's volunteer." i said reaching my hand out.

"are you y/n?" he asked; shaking my hand.

"yeah," i breathed out.

"she's always talking about you," he smiled.

"really?"

"yeah," he chuckled, "im asahi, her older brother."

"ahh i see, well since you're here early i get the rest of my day off." i said going to grab my bag, "it was nice meeting you asahi, and i'll see you tomorrow suvi. i waved at suvi she quickly waved back and smiled.

"are you going to pick me up tomorrow?" suvi asked.

"yeah.." asahi said as he watched me walk away; feeling his heart flutter he turned and left the hospital.