One.

Aris

I hummed along to Jazmine Sullivan's Girl Like Me that played from Alexa as I stood in front of the stove stirring the homemade shrimp and chicken Alfredo.

Reaching above my head I opened the cabinet grabbing myself a wine glass, and the bottle to go along.

Tonight was my self care night after the long day and work week that I had I needed this time for myself.

After work I took a much needed nap and took a warm bubble bath. I decided to wear only a large T-shirt which fell like a dress on me, and a new pair of my favorite panties that I recently bought myself from Victoria secret.

I watched as pink moscato fell into the glass, I took a few sips before refilling the glass again.

Scooping Alfredo into my bowl I made my way into the living room sitting on the couch in front of my tv.

Me personally, I had to find something to watch before I could eat. The last couple days I had been binge watching each season of Living Single and tonight was due for another episode.

I settled into the couch wrapping my favorite red and black checkered colored blanket around myself as I sung along to the intro.

Hearing my phone ring I sighed, I didn't feel like talking much I just wanted my peace and quiet and living single.

Glancing over at the clock on the wall above the tv. I quickly reached across from me, grabbing my phone from the coffee table.

Sliding my finger across the screen I answered the call. "You have a collect call from "Marcus Tucker." The automated voice spoke. Press '0' to accept the call."

Pressing the number immediately his voice warmed my heart as he spoke. "Wasup baby girl." His deep raspy voice came into the phone.

"Hey Baby." I smiled, sitting back onto the couch.

"What you doin?" He asked.

"Nothing much, laying down watching Living single eating some Alfredo."

"Home made?"

"Of course." I smirked, bringing my glass of wine to my lips.

"Mmm damn that sounds good, can you make me some when I get out?"

"Yeah, I can do that for you."

"That's what I wanna eat when I get out, I mean besides you. You don't even know I'm too ready to eat good food again. I'm sure it's better than this nasty ass food up in here."

"Oh it is, my Alfredo is good if I gotta say so myself." I giggled. "But how are you, you been doing the breathing like I mentioned?

"It's goin I guess. And yeah that shit really be working, I appreciate that niggas haven't been tryin me so I'm good. All I been doin is counting down the time."

"I know baby, I'm super excited for you to be home."

"Shit, you already know how I'm feeling."'He chuckled. "I can't wait to get outta hea' start life with you, get married, have kids allat."