🌙blazing moon

Jisung rode out for as far as he could, until they made it to the borders between the south and the north.

He fell from his horse a few steps away from it and some guards came rushing to him. He was bleeding, a lot, and he had this little girl cuddled on his chest. They were both trembling once they got inside and Jisung's fingers were all red from the cold.

"It's alright, we'll take care of you now" a lady said as she took them to a bed and jisung crashed on it. Nira was quiet and she followed him, going by his side.

They had both been through a lot.

The northern lady brought them both a bowl of soup and sat by them as they drank it.

"You come from the south...?" She had pale skin, just like the snow, just like Minho had. He looked her way with tired eyes and nodded. The little girl only stared at et bowl and tears started to swell in her eyes as she thought of her mother.

"We'll get someone to check your wounds...your lucky you managed to get here injured like this"

"I know" he spoke softly between a sip. "Some weren't as lucky though..." he watched his bloody hands and felt the weight of everything on his shoulders.

He should of stopped him, but he didn't. He should have tied him to a chair and locked him, to protect him.

Jisung felt a tear fall from his eyes and he looked over at Nira who was already crying.

A doctor soon came in with all she needed to help jisung, going to his side and checking the wound. It had cut deep, but luckily, it didn't injure anything important.

"Will you be headed to the castle my lord...?" She said and jisung lifted his chin.

"I am no lord."

"I'd recognize that blond hair anywhere, it's the southern royalty"

"It used to be...now it all means nothing, the city of the sun has turned to dust..." jisung sighed.

"So it is true...you've seen the horrors we hear about?"

"I've seen the city burn to the ground, the ashes washing over dead bodies. Everything is gone." He spoke and watched Nira in the corner, she was sleeping already. "Well...almost everything"

Jisung winced as the doctor sowed his wound up.

"Is she your daughter?"

"No...she is the daughter of the prince of crows..."

"I am sure she will like it here...will you keep her?"

Jisung took one look at her and a small smile came to his lips.

"Yes...I made a promise to her mother id keep her safe. And that's exactly what I'll do"

"I'm glad to hear it" she finished up and cleaned the excess blood off. "You're all done, now we'll hand you some clothes and some food for the rest of the trip to the kingdom."

"I owe you many thanks..."

"Do not worry, I am just glad we found you. The throne's seat is starting to get cold..." she said and jisung frowned.

"What do you mean...?"

"Our king is dead and his only son has just died...she is the heir to the throne and you...well you are a prince of royal descendance...you can take the throne while she grows up"

Jisung watched as Nira slept quietly, he wanted what was best for her.

"I...could never impose myself"