🌙what we have done

A/n: i feel so terribly bad about not updating, if you're still here I- 🙇🏼‍♀️ thank you.

<3

"You want to know something awful..." chan said in a low voice and jisung nodded. "My brother was supposed to be king, and I was so relieved it wouldn't be me...when he disappeared I just kept hoping he'd come back..."

"I understand...our lives are not so different you and I"

"You're the king of the north now, you took that role, I never wanted it in the first place...especially not to marry someone"

"About that, I made an agreement with the king. There will be no wedding"

Chan looked at him with wide eyes and smiled.

"You truly mean it...?"

"I remember when my sister used to fuss about it, she panicked when she heard she was getting married to a man she did not love or even know. If only she had known how great Minho is..."

"Let me get your story straight. You met my older brother, technically also Minho's brother, and fell in love. Then you were caught and he was executed. The war starts. Years later a wedding is announced between the south and the north. Your sister was supposed to marry Minho, but died before she could. You then both disappeared for two years and surface again in a rebellion..."

"That's pretty much it..." jisung nodded calmly and looked over at Chan for a brief moment. "But you missed the part where I fell in love...like I never had before" he looked into the distance.

"I wish to find someone as precious to me as you two are..." he smiled and they both sat in silence for a little longer.

"I hope it for you as well..." he mumbled.

<3

Jisung went back to his room and knocked on the door quietly, hearing laughter behind the wooden door. He smiled and creaked it opened to find Felix and Minho with dry tears on their cheeks, smiling so much he could tell it hurt them. Hyunjin was behind him, waiting.

"Can we come in?" Jisung asked calmly and Minho nodded.

"Of course" he spoke and Hyunjin closed the door behind them.

Felix quickly went to Hyunjin and gave him a huge hug, snuggling him and kissing the taller one all over his face. For a moment he wouldn't let go of him.

"Thank you for helping me through this..." Felix whispered lowly and Hyunjin smiled.

"It's not a problem..."

Felix pulled him on the bed and snuggled up his chest deeply, while Jisung joined Minho and kissed his head before leaning on his shoulder.

"Looks like our old group is finally completed again" Hyunjin smiled and Felix felt so warm on his chest, he was happy for him.

"It feels nice to see refreshing faces after all of this...thank you, to the three of you" Minho said and they all smiled, jisung especially, playing with the necklace around his collarbones. "I'm just wondering what to do now...I've learned so much information being here, I don't know what to do with it..."

"Well what has more value to you?"

"I don't know...it's either I let this kingdom run horribly and leave the south to its faith...or I kill the king somehow, who is my father, and hurt my brother in the process..."

"I know it's hard but...we're all here with you right? I'm sure we can find something" Felix spoke and Hyunjin nodded.

"We're in this fully, have us do what you please, we want this war to be over...." Hyunjin added.

Minho looked at each of them and lowered his head.

"I cannot lose like last time, it's already a miracle I'm alive and breathing right now. If we're doing this. It has to be calculated step by step without a mistake..."

"That's where I come in..." jisung batted his perfectly placed blond lashes and kissed Minho's shoulder. "Last time I asked you to trust me and you refused, so I'll ask you one more time...will you trust me?"

Minho smiled and felt his heart skip a beat.

"Yes." He said immediately.

"Good...now here's what we're going to do."

<3

They had gathered in a meeting room and everything sat at a chair, dead serious faces, brows arched and steady breaths. Jisung was at the end of the table, Minho opposite of him. Hyunjin and Felix sat either side of them.

"We already know by now I own the north, we don't have many soldiers but the few we have are strong and well trained. It is not enough to retake the south. We need the ressources of the west first...the king needs to die." There were strong words, heavy ones, remaining on each of their shoulders. "Though we cannot simply kill the king, hell would break loose, we would not get away with it."

"Are you proposing to frame someone for his death?" Felix clenched his fists, calmly.

"I'm afraid if we do that, the blame would fall upon one of us, or...the prince, Chan"

"You think they would accuse his own son of murder?" Minho lifted his brow and Jisung nodded.

"Even though I was buried in the northern mountains for months, even I know of the tension between the two...they have a mutual hatred for each other." Jisung added and simply looked around the room. "So I do not want to throw him under, but I also doubt that the prince will help us."

"We cannot expect him to help us...to help kill his own father" Hyunjin spoke and they all nodded.

"Does he gave to die...?" Minho said and all eyes went to him. Especially Jisung's. He had shot him a slow glare before his eyes softened.

"Yes. There is no other way. As he had killed my father to get the throne, placed his head on a spike and laughed. As he killed the king of the north...your...father" he said each word calmly.

"I cannot kill like they have."

"But I can." Jisung let the words out effortlessly, like it had been nothing.

"That is not where the problem relies...I do not want more bloodshed, I am sick of this cycle continuing over centuries. King killing other kings, saying it is for their own people when really all they want is power. My mother died in front of my eyes for exactly that reason." Minho said before pausing and sighing deeply.
"No more killing. No more death."

They all looked at jisung to see what he would say, he was half pressed against the table, his body tense and a slow breath across his lips.

"You understand what you are asking Minho?"

"Yes."

"And you understand how much harder this will all be?"

"I'm aware."

Jisung and Minho stared at each other for a few moments, their minds spiralling before they nodded.

"Okay...we will not kill the king..." he paused, deep in thought as if he had just thrown away an entire plan.

"What now?" Felix asked, impatient to know what was next for them, for their homes, their kingdoms.

"Now we reveal our ultimate weapon...we have the rightful heir of the north and the south, the only one who can claim the throne...

The people need to know...you live."

"Why?"

Jisung smirked and leaned in.

"So that we can rise from the ashes."