Run Away (1/2)

Mentions of Mental and Physical Abuse
Transferred story from my Wit account
———————————————————————
Saturday evening, 9:47 pm

It was dark out, and everything was quiet outside, as everyone in the neighborhood was settling down in their homes, some even going to sleep. It was quiet and peaceful for every house.

Except one.

"YOU USELESS LOG OF A SON!!" A man yelled at his son while waving his hands furiously. "WHAT ARE YOU EVEN GOOD FOR???!"

Soobin was on the floor, holding his injured arm after having hot water spilled on it, eyes brimmed with tears.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SERVE MY FOOD WITHOUT GETTING IT EVERYWHERE??"

"I-I'm sorry, it won't happen again, I promise!" Soobin's head hung low as he wiped up the mess with a cloth, ignoring the pain from his arm.

"Ugh! I can't believe your mother left me with a brat like you! YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THIS ONE SIMPLE THING!"

Soobin tried his hardest not to let his tears fall as he finished cleaning up.

His mother was killed a few years ago while she was taking a walk, and ever since then, his dad has been drinking all day every day and even taking his anger out on Soobin.

Every day after school, his dad would hound him about doing chores and cooking meals, ignoring his son's health and feelings entirely. He didn't care about his wellbeing at all it seemed.

Soobin hated the way he was treated by his father, and he always avoided telling people about his father's actions. Until one day he met someone who changed that.

—————

Monday morning at School
Soobin's POV

I was in the bathroom cleaning my injury from when I spilt hot water on myself.

My father hurts me so much every day and I hate that there is nothing I can do about it because he threatens me, so I don't rebel against him.

I sighed softly before walking to my class and sitting down in my chair by the window as I wait for class to begin. A couple minutes later, the bell finally rings and the teacher walks in.

"Okay class, today we will be learning about the importance of xxxxx xxxxx, but first, I have a new student to introduce to you guys. Come on in." She said.

I wasn't really paying attention to what the teacher said until I heard the girls in class screaming about how hot the kid was and how they wanted to date him.

I lifted my head to take a look at the male and my eyes widened. I couldn't help but stare at him. How could someone look so perfect and flawless? He looked straight out of a movie or like an idol.

I stared at him while he introduced himself as Yeonjun, and we made eye contact for a bit before I looked away. After he finished introducing himself, he smiled.

"Alright, you can sit wherever you like that is empty. Your table partner can help you with today's work." She said softly, gesturing for him to pick a seat.