✵ ☞︎︎︎ 𝚇. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚎 ~ 𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

⍟ 𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐

"You're dismissed, you may go to your next class. Don't forget the homework! Goodbye!" Miss Thornhill said way too enthusiastically for a 10 am Monday class. Without looking back, I left the class and went straight to my locker to put away my books.

"Hey Y/N!"
"Oh, hey Enid!" Enid was one of the brightest faces you'll see in Nevermore. She's also one of my favorite and only friends here.

"You seemed a little... Distracted in class. Who's on your mind Ms L/N?" She smirked as she followed me to the girls' shower room.

"What? Enid I swear you're getting too bored. Go play with some of your wolf friends. I can literally hear the pack howling for you." I rolled my eyes with a slight smile, she knew I was only teasing her back.

I stood next to the stall I was going into and she stood right in front of me. I looked her dead in the eye with a haunting look, which others would usually shy away from, but Enid knew I wouldn't actually bite my fangs into her neck to suck her blood or whatever the normie 'tales' say vampires do.

"There's no one on my mind."

"Then focus."

"I'm focused."

"Not when I managed to actually steal your bracelet today."
She smirked as she dangled my pearl bracelet from my mother in front of my face. I was shocked to say the least. It's been a little game we've had to try and steal an item from the other, and she has been insistent on getting the damned bracelet off my wrist.

"But then again, if you really don't have anyone on your mind, then I'll just let you change and get back to organizing that Taylor Swift playlist for you. Byeee~"
She sang as she dropped the bracelet on my hand and skipped away. I looked at the bracelet in my hand, jaw still open and eyes wide over the fact she managed to do that. 'Gosh Y/N get your head together.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"After last week's assessment, I have decided to mix you up this class. You will all be assigned a different partner based on your skill level and weaknesses. This is to help challenge you and improve your skill."
Coach Vlad explained at the beginning of our fencing class.
"Yoko and Enid, Rowan and Bianca, Jeremiah and Luke..."
I zoned out while he called everyone's name.
I was usually paired with Bianca, and I've come to the point where I can always best her in match. Not sure who I could possibly be paired with to 'improve' my fencing skills.
"Y/N and... Xavier. Xорошо, everyone get started."

Xavier? Xavier Thorpe? The universe must absolutely adore me. Because why else would I get to be partnered with my secret crush the same day I get distracted by him Biology today? I look around to see him already in position on the mat, looking at me. He tilts his head, confused as I stared back. I recover my dignity, or at least try to, by shutting my jaw up and walking towards the mat with my head down. Of course, he notices.
"You're usually confident when you're going against the others. It's sometimes scary."

'Get your head in the game girl'

I look up from my feet and put on the scary vampire mask he's talking about and look him in the eyes
"Well, how about now, Thorpe. Do you like it when I'm scary?" I smirk at him.

"No, I don't think you're scary. But you're confident, and I like that about you." He smiles.

Woah. He just.. Did he actually flirt with me??? I think I'm actually speechless. I see him put on his headgear.

"Ready when you are."

He fixes his stance.

I fix my grip.