𝙴. 𝙾𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 - 𝙰 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

⍟ 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐, 𝐹𝑙𝑢𝑓𝑓, 𝑁𝐵 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

~

"We're all very disturbed by there incident that occured a few days ago. Our dear student Rowan Laslow is in a critical but stable condition as of now. We all send him our wishes for a speedy recovery." Principal Weems announced on the podium at the Quad. Almost every student was present to hear the devastating news of the monster attacking Rowan and putting him in a coma. Eugene stood beside you, watching you take this news in. The color in your rosy cheeks drained and your eyes got watery.
"Y/n." You felt Eugene take your cold hand in his warm ones. He must've noticed your shaking hands.
You turned to him, still looking frightened.
"He'll be okay, it's all going to be okay. Don't worry."
"He.. he was my tutor for a while. A really good one.. Gosh, this is a lot to take it. Even after this, they still haven't caught the monster. Eugene, it's still out there. Wh-what if it-"

Eugene pulls you into a hug, stopping you from going down that rabbit hole of doubts like you always do when you're stressed.
" Don't be afraid, Y/N, the monster won't ever hurt you or me. I'll make sure of that."
You smiled at his promise, and let yourself believe him for now.

~ 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"You know, last time I went to the shed I found hummingbirds near the bees sipping some from the new feeder I left for them! And it got me thinking, what if I made a hummingbird club?!" Eugene was rambling about bees, and apparently hummingbirds now, and it's not that you ever minded, it's just you weren't really attentive right now. You zoned out on the wall while he kept talking.
" It could like be an extension to the shed. Speaking of the shed, I should probably go check on the bees-"

You suddenly tensed and squeezed your bee plushie he got you from the carnival, and he quickly got worried.
"Y/n?"
"Don't go."
"What?"
"Please don't go to the shed. I.. I don't want you in any danger. The monster is still out there Eugene. What if you're his next victim? What if it-"
"Please calm down N/N. I won't go, if it means so much to you-"
"It does.. you do." You immediately said.
Eugene smiled.
"I'll just stay with you. Is that okay?"
"Um... Yes." You shyly mumbled.
Eugene gently kissed your cheek, and now it was his turn to be shy.
"I..also have a request." He said looking down.
You cocked your head to the side, smiling.
"Okay, let's hear it."
"W..would you.. like to um.. go to the dance with me?" He says the last part so quickly you barely catch it.
"Of course I would!" You jumped at him to give him a hug. You retracted and looked at him with a smile, and his face brightend.
"Great! I didn't expect you to accept it that quickly."
"I would never deny a dance from you, Eugene." You winked at him.

~
Eugene knocked on your door, nervously waiting. You finally opened, and his mind went blank at the sight of you.
"H-i.. y..y/n." He loved your {dress/suit}, and the color looked beautiful against your complexion.
"You look.. amazing." He sighed.
You slightly laughed as you came closer to him. You fixed his tie and looked up at him,
"You fixed up real nice too, my pretty boy."
Eugene beemed at your compliment. Something about you calling him a pretty boy made his heart flutter so much.
"Shall we go?" He held out his arm for you.
"Yes, we shall." You linked your arm with his.

"Welcome to the dance, students!" Miss Thornhill greeted you and several other students coming in.
You both scanned the whole place in awe, and Eugene suddenly tugged your arm and you looked at him confused. He tilted his head to a table of assortments, and you looked at it til you finally saw brownies there.
"Please?" He pleaded adorably.
"I won't say no to you, Tonight. Let's just not over do it, okay?"
He nodded and immediately pulled you with him through the crowd to get to the table.
Eugene was already devouring multiple brownies when you found chocolate strawberries. You ate one, and moaned at how good it tasted. You took one in your hand and turned to Eugene, who had two brownies in his hands and was about to shove into his mouth.
"Mmm enough brownies. Try these."
You held his forearm down, and put the strawberry near his mouth. He leaned to teasingly bite your fingers.
"Hey!" You pulled away from him.
"I was just kidding! I'm sorry, I won't bite you! Can I still try it please?" He laughed with you.
You hesitantly put it near his mouth, and he gently bit into it.
"Wow, that's good."
"I know right?" You giggled as you saw chocolate around his mouth. You pulled out a napkin and wiped it for him, and he looked at you adoringly.
"Uhm.. thank you."
"No problem, honey." You winked and pecked his lips.
Eugene blushed.
"Uhh.. maybe we could go dance now? Do you want-"
"Again, I would never deny a dance from you, Eugene." You smiled as you both went down to the dance floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I thought this was a cute one to write! Also, I do read requests

I thought this was a cute one to write!
Also, I do read requests. So if I don't answer or haven't done your request for some time, it might be that I just don't have an idea yet for the character or I have other requests to do first. Since many have requested a Xavier/Ajax/Female Reader smut (and because I really wanna do it), it's going to next :))