✵ ☞︎︎︎ 𝚇. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚎 ~ 𝙾𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚗

⍟ 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐, 𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑡, 𝐶𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑋𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑟, 𝑉𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟
Requested by munsonxgrande

"𝑊𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟..." ~ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ˢᵒ ʰⁱᵍʰ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉⁱᵍʰᵇᵒʳʰᵒᵒᵈ
☹︎

You were currently sitting at your table of friends (Enid, Ajax, and Wednesday), and Xavier sat in the middle between you and Enid.Everyone knew you two were close with each other. The best of friends, you were there for him when he went through his breakup with Bianca. You'd come every single night to check on him, and even when he tried to push you away, you stayed. It felt like allowing yourself to be in the middle of a knife fight. Behind you is Xavier, and you were protecting him. While in front of you was also Xavier, stabbing you with his complaints about his relationship with Bianca. You knew you were hurting yourself by being there. But regardless, you'll always be there for him no matter what. When he cried to you about Bianca, you'd feel like you were physically stabbed in the chest. Who knows when your lungs will finally collapse, but you couldn't ever hate him. You turned your head right, looking at Xavier with soft, sad eyes.
'He doesn't know I'd do anything for him.'
~
'She doesn't know I'd do anything for her.'

Xavier thought as he stole glances of you a few times during the conversation, but when your eyes met, he immediately looked away. He's finally healed from the heartbreak, and Ajax kept joking about how Xavier's more than ready to go catch more fish in the sea, but he wants none of them. He... Just wants you. But that'll never happen. He knows people know him by his snobby elite playboy rep, but you knew him as your artistic, sarcastic, goofy childhood friend.
'Y/N isn't the one for you, Y/N is not the girl of your dreams' He kept repeating the the words Bianca said after their last talk after the breakup like a mantra. It's like when he thought his mind was finally clear, his heart and mind clash against each other.
'I love her.'
'You're not good enough for her.'
Clearly, his mind was winning.
~

"B6... My intuition feels really strong about this one." Ajax chuckled as he and Xavier played Battleship in his dorm. Ajax waited excitedly for Xavier to tell him he hit a ship, until he looked up and saw him zoned out on the board. "Hey man, you good?" Ajax tilted his head in concern.
"Hm? Yeah.. yeah. Uhh, you got my ship there." Xavier awkwardly chuckled, and hoped Ajax wouldn't ask anything else.
"Xav, you seem.. off. You know you can tell me anything, right?"
"I'm good, Ajax. Don't worry." Xavier looked to the ground. "I'll just go out for a walk. You can stay if you want."

Ajax watched as Xavier got up from the bed and made his way out the door. He walked through the dead silent halls of Nevermore with his hands in his pockets, his head down so his hair covers his face. As he walked through Ophelia hall, and his whole body froze when he heard your voice coming from Enid and Wednesday's dorm.
"I'm.. I'm not going to the dance."
He heard Enid's voice exclaim in shock.
"wHY nOT?! That's crazy!", followed by Wednesday's voice "I agree, that is utterly ridiculous L/N."
"I have no one to go with. That's why." You shrugged carelessly.
"OOH I'm sure I can get a hot boy for you Y/N" Enid winked.
"Don't bother, I don't want any of them. None of them asked me anyway."
"Not even Xa-"
"No." You replied with coldly.
Silence filled the dorm, and Xavier thought he'd finally walked enough and went back to the dorm.
~

Just like yesterday, you all sat together during lunch. You felt more and more anxious by the day as the day of the dance came closer. Part of you had hoped so badly that Xavier would ask you, but with him distancing from you, your hope diminished, leaving you absolutely hollow. You liked to think that you were good at hiding your hurt, but that was quickly proven wrong.
"You know, you should probably finish that sandwich fast Y/N, I can already see mold growing on it. " Ajax lightly chuckled when you kept staring at table without taking a bite for a particularly long time.
"Wow, thanks for ruining my appetite. I can't look at this thing the same now." You scrunched your face in disgust as you held up the sandwich. The others laughed, but Xavier sat there watching your face intently. You saw him just looking at you, looking stoic unlike the others.