✵ ☞︎︎︎ 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚝 - 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

⍟ 𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐, 𝑆𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑦 𝐷𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝐽𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝐾𝑒𝑛𝑡
Requested by @Unrully_Pinneappe

We were sitting outside at our 'Siren' table as we always do after school. It's fun to be around people that will accept you as who you are, and will never judge you. I've always felt comfortable around my friends like Divina, and especially my best friend Bianca. Of course, over time, I've grown a great sense of attraction to one of the Siren boys, Kent. Honestly, he's one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. His long hair, blue-green eyes, and his body, just perfect. But it just hurts me to know, that I can't have him. First off, he's a siren too, and my song wouldn't work to attract him. And second, his twin sister is my friend, and I would not want to ruin our friendship to be with her brother.

Right now, he was telling a story about his time in Hawaii when he scared the tourists there by pretending to be a shark. I was giving him my full attention, that is until Xavier Thorpe walked into the courtyard with his paint supplies. I'm assuming he's continuing his painting on the wall that Principal Weems had assigned him. He's very talented, but not my type. Instead, he's Bianca's type, and I'm trying help my best friend by hooking them up again.

I look over to Bianca sitting next to me, who simply nods at me, and I get up abruptly and stride towards Xavier. I could feel Kent's confused and disappointed eyes follow me, but he can continue his storytelling without me.

"Good evening Xavier!"

He turns towards me, slightly confused
"Hey.. Y/N."

"I was wondering if you'd like me to help you with that." I said as I pointed to the paintbrushes and paints he had on the floor. I noticed he immediately smiled.

"Oh! Sure.. not a lot of people are interested in this kind of stuff. Could you mix my blues and reds to get this color?" He holds up a color reference sheet and points to a violet.
We talked about school, shows and personal preferences as we stroked the brushes on the wall together.
"I personally think the Stucky ship isn't that good. Bucky and Steve are better off as best friends."
We now fell into a rabbit hole of 'Best Marvel ships'.
"I agree, I've read a lot of the Marvel comics. And WinterWidow is way better."

"You like reading comics?"

"Yeah I do, and drawing them too."

"Cool!" Definitely giving that piece of information to Bianca. I feel like I've gained enough of his trust now, so now I need to plan a 'meetup' that I'm sure he'll come to. I pretend to check a message on my phone and then turn to him with a smile.
"Hey Xavier, I kind of have to go now, but it was nice painting with you. You wanna meet up at the comics store in Jericho tomorrow?"

He looked stunned for a second, but then agreed.

Almost everyone left the courtyard, so I walked back to my shared dorm with Bianca.
~
What you didn't know was that Kent had been watching you this whole time. He was watching you smile and slap Xavier's back as you two laughed together. By the Water Gods, if he could stab Ariel's Father's huge fork through Xavier he would. Xavier shouldn't be with you, it won't work. Kent was convinced he could win you over. He's been polite to you before, he's made you laugh before, and has hinted subtle attraction to you. It seems to him now it's no use anymore. Your interest lies in some creepy Davinci.
~
"Well heloOoo~" you opened the door to your dorm and immediately fell onto Bianca's bed.
"Tell. Me. Everything!" She squealed.
"Okay okay okay! So first off you have a date at the comics store in Jericho tomorrow!" You kicked your feet in excitement.
"Oh my gosh, THANK YOU Y/N"
"Don't worry, I'll always have you covered babe." You winked at her. You two continued talking about everything til dusk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, Divina came over to you and Bianca's dorm for a girl's night. As you were laying on the cushioned floor with clay masks on, Divina popped the question.
"Who's your dates for the Winter Break Party?"
"Xavier and I are on better terms, so you already know who." Bianca laughed.
"What about you Y/N?"
"Hmm? Oh me, I haven't gotten a date." You shrugged awkwardly.
You've actually been making an effort to make subtle moves with Kent, just so you could ask him or he asks you. But he's always somehow rejected your advances by a 'message' or 'calculus exam to study for'. You two take calculus TOGETHER! You knew there was no exam. It hurt that he was lying to you, so you stopped trying all together.