✵ ☞︎︎︎ 𝙴. 𝙾𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚊𝚛 - 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚜

⍟ 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐, 𝑓𝑙𝑢𝑓𝑓, 𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝐸𝑢𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒 ❤︎
Requested by Sonoungatto2

Your name was quite popular at Nevermore Academy. Everyone knew who you were: Y/N. The outgoing, extroverted, fun Siren. You'd think it was easy to stick to your Siren friend group considering your nice reputation, but it's quite the contrary.

As the bell rang, you sped through the crowded hallways to get to your elective class. Most of your Siren friends take art with you, and you're quite good at it. You sat down in front of your easel, waiting for the rest to come. Except one person.. Bianca Barclay. Whenever she's around, she'd try to take you down in whatever way possible, verbally or physically. You've ignored her countless times, but it inevitably gets uncomfortable to be in the same room as her.

Everyone was present to class, and each person focused on their painting. The assignment was to paint any biome, and since you're a siren, you chose to draw a coral reef.

"Gosh, you can't even make a single original painting L/N." Bianca announced loudly.

You tightened your grip on your paint brush, and tried to tune her out. Bianca looked over to the other sirens sitting next to her, "She really calls that talent, only talent she has is being a copycat" She had her chin high and laughed. Of course, the other girls are kind of scared her, you know, since she's Bianca, and laughed along with her to satisfy their 'Queen'.

(Your POV)

Well that fucking hurt. Your so called friends don't even have the guts to stand up for you. If I'm such a copycat, it's embarrassing that the copy is better than the 'original' and somethings clearly wrong then. The bell rang, and I just finished my painting. After everyone left, I carefully took it off the easel and made my way out of the class. Then just as I walked out, someone jumped me and knocked me to the ground. I blink a few times to clear my vision, and from the floor I can see the whole hallway is empty already. I look up, only to see Bianca standing above me, holding my painting.
"Look, Y/N." She spits. "I don't know who you think you are, but you need to know your place before I have to put you in it. I'm the only Siren who runs things here. You can stop trying to impress people so hard." She throws the painting on the floor and stomps her foot right in the middle of it. I have no idea what this bitch is on about. If she had hair, it'd be messier than Einstein's because she acting crazy crazy.

I stood up, brushed my uniform down, "Okay Bianca. I'll stay out of your way.". And I left to Principal Weems office and entered without knocking.

"I'd like to change electives. I'm joining the bee-keeping club."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you interested in the ancient art of beekeeping?"

"Oh!.. um.." a boy in a beekeeper suit had startled you.

"Eugene. Eugene Ottingar. Founder and president of the Nevermore Hummers. You're Y/N L/N, aren't you?" He held his hand out. He seemed like a really sweet boy, and the fact that he knew you already was quite flattering.

"Yes," you smiled as you shaked his hand. "And I'd love to learn more about what you do here."

"Great! Then let's get you suited!"
~
Once you were both in suited properly, he started showing you some of the equipment used for harvesting honey.

"Bees have been producing honey the same way for 150 million years. Cleopatra was rumoured to bathe in honey, because of its hydrating-"
"Anti inflammatory, and brightening effects. I occasionally use honey too." I said as I walked around, observing all of the bees' activity. Eugene paused, clearly surprised you were even paying attention to him. He then smiled.
"It gave her skin a luminous glow. I..I think it does make you glow."
You turned around, face flushed.
"O-oh. Thanks.."