.12

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. When I saw Syrax I quickly got out of the castle waiting for them to land.

"I know you may think that I am following you but father sent me here because a ship will be arriving soon. The blacksmiths need dragonglass refueling." She said once in front of me.

I just nodded while heading toward my chamber hoping that Velos and Vyara didn't roast my room up.

"Are you upset?" She said making me stop.

"Why would I be?" I confusedly asked.

"I thought that we got closer so I...expected a warmer greeting." She looked away, I could tell she was embarrassed from admitting how she felt. After all she was still a kid and with a smile on my face I hugged her.

The hug was quickly broke as a servant called her saying that the king sent her a crow. As we parted ways I needed to think about the two, they needed a place to stay as they grew up. I will later talk with the dragon keepers.

The evening quickly passed as I just played with the twins and in no time it was time for dinner. I got up and took another two steaks for them and looked at how they got excited for their food. Suddenly an idea popped up in my mind, if they listen to every command that I say I'll give them their reward. But unsurprisingly they did everything.

I said one last daring thing before giving them their prize. "Sōvegon." (fly)

The both of them started to slowly flap their wings and in no time they were flying around me waiting for the meat. As I promised I threw the steaks while they were flying and they caught it without faltering. I left them eating as now it was my time to eat.

I looked at the empty hallway as I locked my room, I was not going to leave the door unlocked with two dragons inside. I asked the cook for dinner and then sat at the table in the dining room waiting. Not only waiting for my dinner but for Rhaenyra too since she was here.

Time passed but there was no trace of Rhaenyra so I silently ate everything and retired to my room to rest but before I needed to talk with the dragon keepers.

(/)

"Yes, I don't want the king to know." I explained. "I don't need you to look after them but I just need a place where they can grow." The master dragon keeper looked at me thinking.

"It won't be forever, just for a few full moons." I added trying to convince him.

He turned around and started walking away, I didn't know if I was supposed to follow him but I did anyway. "There's a place that I can give you in the time being but you will then need to notify our king about it." His tone didn't admit objections. "I don't want to be executed for treason, your highness." His black eyes gave me chills down my spine.

"Of course, these are not my intentions. I will quickly inform my cousin as soon as the dragons are a few full moons grown." I said trying to reassure him...or me.

As soon as everything was settled I felt like falling apart, I was very tired so I quickly bathed and then I got into bed as the two were already sleeping.

(/)

"Do you need help?"

"Your highness!" The surprised blacksmith said. "Thank you for your kind offer but I would never ask your grace to do an unworthy duty like this." He smiled while wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"I want to help." I replied while grabbing a pickaxe and going in the mine where the other miners were gathering the needed materials.

"My prince wait." The blacksmith tried to stop me. "There's no nee-"

"Where can I start?" I asked looking around seeing the miners scattered everywhere.

"There." He pointed to an empty space, I guess he gave up trying to stop me.

As I started my new training I noticed how they were tired but didn't complain about it. Time passed and sweat started dripping from my neck but it felt refreshing doing other things beyond swords and war. Everyone seemed to not notice me or just simple ignored my existence but either way I was grateful for it.

"Hey young man! Slow down or you'll destroy the whole mine." A laughing masculine voice said behind me, the people around us chuckled as they heard his remark. I turned around seeing a short man in his forties, brown hair with a round belly.

"I'm trying to keep up with the others." I replied smiling.

"Oh shit! I apologize my prince!" He said bowing.

"There's no need." I stopped him. "Down here I'm just like you so just address me with Maegor or young boy, whatever you prefer."

"I'm Erock." He introduced himself bowing.

"It's pleasure." I offered my hand.

"The pleasure is mine." He shook it and got back at instructing the blacksmiths about something.

"So you're the king's cousin huh?" A young boy on my left said while working.

"Yeah."

"Ask you cousin if I can marry a lady so I won't have to do this shit work anymore." He said making me laugh.

"I can try." I stopped looking at him. "What's your name?"

"Ryvon." He said turning toward me. "I expected you to be shorter." His eyes were looking me up and down. He was probably in his twenties, his short hair was black and he had a good physique, I suppose it was because of this job.

We had a few small talks while working and he was a funny guy. The day was coming to it's end, everyone was exhausted and we gathered all the needed dragonglass.

"It was a delight working with you Maegor." Erock shook my hand as all the blacksmiths and miners were carrying all the supplies on the ship.

"I look forward to see you both in the future." I said referring to Erock and Ryvon.

I watched the vessel slowly disappear into the horizon as I started heading to the castle. I urgently needed a bath and wanted to check on Vyara and Velos since they were with the dragon keepers.

I started to strip remaining in my long sleeved shirt and pants, I was about remove them when I heard a someone knocking on my door.

"Yes?" I turned waiting for the person to enter.

"My Princess, there's an unexpected guest who claims your presence." A young lady said after making her presence known.

"Tell them I will be there in a few." I said while wearing my boots on. I wasn't in the best conditions but it'll work.

The guards opened the doors as I walked in the hall looking for the guest.

"Maegor!"

"Corlys! What a pleasure, what got you here?" I said while shacking his hand.

"I heard about your stay in DragonStone so I had to visit, I haven't heard about you since the war." I knew that this wasn't the only reason of his visit.

"Well I needed a change of air, KingsLanding became suffocating." I walked with him to the dining room since it was almost time for dinner. "Have a seat."

"Tell the cook to prepare a proper banquet since we have guests." I commanded to a guard who quickly marched toward the kitchens.

"So...what do you really wanted to talk about?" I asked sitting in front of him.

"My daughter Laena." I looked at him knowing where this was going.

"She was promised to the Lord of the Sea of Braavos but he died." He said crossing his arms. "I propose a marriage."