CHAPTER FOURTEEN;

SWITCH

SWITCH

There was an intense quiet, it made the air feel dense. Wes was at a loss for words, truly unable to find any words that could help him in this situation.

After a long pause, someone finally spoke up. "Chris, stop scaring him," Ruel commented.

"I told him to leave you guys alone. I don't trust him." He spat back, the last sentence laced with anger.

Wesley was quick to stand up, "I'll go."

"No, the fuck you won't," Ruel said, now standing up as well, Paris following the lead.

"Don't listen to him, you can stay here. If Chris has a problem with that, he can leave." Paris added, holding onto Wesley's arm.

Christopher's eyes shifted between the three, before turning and walking away without a single word. Paris tugged Wes back into the sit, everyone sitting back down. Everyone kept eating as if nothing happened.

This made Wes feel uneasy, how could they not even talk about the situation? Instead, they were talking about who would help him with his next class. Yet here he was, his heart was still pounding and his hand a bit shaky.

Wesley didn't know what was triggering this reaction, but he could sum it up to the fact he was never really good with confrontation. His whole life he did everything he could to avoid making others angry at him. He felt the air get thinner and he started to have some quick breaths.

How could they not talk about what happened? Why was no one easing his mind? They started a problem with someone and now he has to suffer in the aftermath.

He wanted to scream, but remained quiet, just trying to calm himself down. The noises of chatter and the many people passing by making it almost impossible for the male to relax even the slightest.

"...Are you seriously having an anxiety attack right now?" Andrew asked, speaking as if it was an inconvenience for him.

Paris looked over to Wesley, whose hands were shaking and he looked genuinely overwhelmed. "Woah, shit," He said, grabbing Wesley's shaking hands. Seth looked around the table, "Should we get help?" He asked, about to stand up.

"No, no, I got this. If they find out he was like this, they will try to put him in the latest lunch." Paris spoke, "We just need to get him out of here and into a quieter place." Paris stood up with Wesley, Seth, and Ruel following the lead.

Ruel looked at Andrew who was munching on a part of his sandwich. "Have fun." He muffled out. The other just shook his head and led the group out of the cafeteria.

Once Ruel led them out of the cafeteria and into a corridor with fewer people, the group could finally focus on Wesley, who was just trying to do some deep breaths to stop his fast-beating heart.

"It's okay now, you're okay. You're going to be fine, you can relax now." Paris spoke, grabbing Wesley's shaky hands and holding them tightly, to stop some of the movement.

After a moment, Wesley was able to regain himself, the panic no longer clouding his mind and he was able to catch his breath. "I'm sorry."

"Never apologize for something like that," Ruel spoke up.

Seth nodded in agreement, "Yeah, it's dumb."

"Good job there, Seth." Paris commented, "Because of your way with words, you should be the one to talk to Chris."

This made Seth wide eye and put his hands up in defense. "Hell fucking no, last time I attempted to talk to him about anything like this, he started into my soul and scoffed. Then, when I tried to sleep, I had a nightmare. Coincidence? I think not."

"You're so helpful." Ruel commented, rolling his eyes, "I'll talk to him."

"By talking you mean...?" Wes trailed off.

This caused a gasp from Ruel, "What kind of person do you take me for? You think when I go to talk to someone I'm going to sleep with them too?" He asked, in a very offended voice.

"What no, I just, well-"

"I'm just fucking with you, by talk I did mean fuck. That's why we should talk." Ruel winked.

Wesley's face flushed a bright pink, unable to form a reply to the statement. "Alright, that's enough of that," Paris said, making Ruel and Seth laugh. "What's funny?" He asked.

"You're being protective as fuck right now, knowing damn well, that we share in this group." Seth stated, "In fact, if I do remember correctly, I got with you first."

Paris held an embarrassed look on his face. "I don't want to think about that."

"You a top or bottom?" Ruel asked bluntly to Wes, who shifted his weight, clearly uncomfortable with the question.

"Ruel! You don't even know his sexuality and that's a private question to ask someone." Paris replied, "Ignore both of them, they really aren't going with being social."

"You all slept together?" Wes asked.

Paris sighed, nodding his head. "Yeah, once you been with one of us, it kinda opens you up to be the rest. The only one who isn't like that is Chris, he only gets with Ruel."

"We're trauma bonded." Ruel added, "Of course, we don't force you to get with any of us, but if you do, you can choose anyone else you'd like." He replied, a smug look on his face, "I'm usually the one who opens them up to being with the rest of us."

Wesley just nodded his head, as he was going to speak, the bell rang and he stopped.

"Seth will be taking you to your next class since he will be the closest to it," Paris spoke, making Wesley nod along.

"What were you going to say?" Ruel asked as the hallway started to fill with people, the voices drowning out most of the conversation.

It felt like the words Wes said next were spoken in complete silence as if the background noise was no longer there.

"I'm a switch."