Chapter 15 - 1.4.3.

Lena POV

God, can our family catch a break? Just this once? After I ran into Lennox's bathroom and saw a thick, green, deep line across her back, I felt a lump in my throat. Our baby girl has some active Kryptonian genes in her. She's also in immense pain, I can tell from the look she's giving me.

Once I called Kara in, Lennox fainted from the pain and Kara caught her in time. We didn't have any time to pile into the car so she just flew us to the DEO. Luckily Alex was still there because of mission report paperwork.

We rushed her in and laid her on the bed, on her side. Alex lifted her shirt and took in the sight of it.

"Damn it! I saw this cut, I fucking bandaged it for Christ's sake! How did I not see this?" Alex yells.

"Hey! Alex, it didn't show up till 10 minutes ago. She screamed in her bathroom and fainted when I rushed in. It must've been a delayed effect due to how small of a cut it is. But she isn't fully Kryptonian so it's not effecting her like it would me. She's also 12 years old and way below the average body weight and type for that age, so no wonder she passed out." Kara replies calmly.

"I know, I'm sorry. I promised her just yesterday I would protect her." Alex sighs.

"Alex, you are. You're helping her now. What do you need from us?" I ask.

"Uh...yeah. Right. Okay. Um, Lena can you go into the next room and get the mobile sunlamp? Kara, can you get me a dressing kit from the crash cart while I wash up?"

"On it." We say at the same time.

Once it's been about an hour, her cut is finally back to a normal color. Alex starts to work on stitching it up but Lennox wakes up just before she threads the first stitch. She woke up gasping in pain. Kara was able to help calm her down while I held her shoulders, as well as consoling her. Alex injected a numbing agent and finished her stitches in 20 minutes.

Lennox fell asleep after taking some pain meds and eating a pb&j sandwich. Kara and I went into the room next door and just held each other and cried.

"Rao, Lena. Can she go through anymore trauma? I hate that it's one thing after another." She says with her head on my shoulder.

"I know, babe. Me too. But this means that she will probably have other abilities coming in soon. I wonder if she's already been experiencing some but doesn't know she is."

"Me and Kal's experiences with coming into our powers were completely different so we can't predict what or when she will experience them. I just have to be there for her."

"You know, I'm not completely useless in this situation, right Supergirl?" I ask with my eyebrow raised.

"What? Of course not, Lena. That's not what I meant. We both will be there for her." She replies nervously.

"I know, my love. Obviously you have firsthand experience with this but I can help develop gadgets that might help her if her vision or hearing get to be too much."

"There's no one better for the job. Your new improvements to my glasses have been amazing by the way." She kisses my cheek and rubs my shoulders. I relax into her touch.

"I'm going to fly home real quick to check on Elfie and feed her. Poor girl doesn't know what's happening." She tells me as she stands up.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit. Please be careful. We can't handle anymore incidents tonight." I say as I kiss her.

"I will, I promise. I love you."

"I love you."

I walk back into Lennox's room as she starts waking up.