Chapter 5 - Sense of Normal

Kara POV

I wake up to the sunlight shining through Lena's bedroom window. I look down and see Lennox basically on top of Lena with Lena's arms wrapped around her. Lena's long beautiful hair is all over her pillow and Lennox has a slight smile on her face. How can they both look so perfect? This is a sight I want to get to used to. I listen to their steady heartbeats and I can't help but smile. I love these girls both so much. I didn't know I had this much love to give. All thanks to the little girl I'm next to, I am in the love of my life's bed and now have this child I would die for.

I hear Lena's heart quicken, signalling she is waking up. She looks up past Lennox's head and smiles at me.

"Hi darling. How did you sleep?" She asks repositioning so Lennox is in between us.

"I slept great. I would've slept better if I was cuddling this little one here." I say stroking her face.

"Are you guys still arguing about this?" She says with her eyes closed still, maybe a little upset we woke her.

"Why yes, little lady we are. Because you are the best cuddler ever!!!" I say, attacking her belly with my fingers. I love hearing her laugh.

It's apparent it's Lena's first time hearing her sister's laugh this loud. She joins in and Lennox is trying to squirm away.

"Nope! You don't get to leave yet, cuddle bug. Not until you've learned your lesson." Lena says.

"What lesson?!" Lennox responds laughing between words.

Lena and I look at each other wide eyed because there is no lesson. She is a clever little girl. Luthor genes.

"Well you got us there, little one. But I still love to tickle you!" I say going back to her belly and sides.

After we end our tickle fight, which Lena and I ended up winning, we all get up to get ready for the day on this beautiful Sunday morning.

"Hey, how about we take Lennox to Noonan's?" I suggest.

"Ooo yeah! Len, you'll love their pastries and hot chocolate!" Lena says helping Lennox put her shirt on. Her burn and other bruises are healing nicely, but we still have to help her with getting dressed.

We walk to Noonan's since it's so beautiful outside and Lennox hasn't been outside in a couple days. Lennox is walking in front of us while Lena and I talk.

"She looks so happy, Kar. I love seeing her like this. She can finally just be a kid. I owe a lot of it to you, ya know. You make us both so happy, my love." She says taking my hand.

"I have her to thank for all of this, Lee. I was too scared to admit to you that I was in love with you but I knew I had to say it that night. You both make me the happiest I have ever been." I reply kissing Lena's head.

We get to Noonan's and order when we see Alex and Kelly walk in.

"Lena, Kara hey!" Alex says.

"Hey guys! Nice seeing you!" Lena says hugging them both.

"Hey Lennox. It's good to see you again. Lennox, this is my girlfriend Kelly." Alex introduces the two.

"Hi Kelly, nice to meet you." Lennox says with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Lennox! I've heard so many good things about you." Kelly says, making Lennox blush a bit.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" Alex asks as we all sit down.

"I feel okay. It hurts to put my shirts on still but Lena helps me." She responds sweetly.

"Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't wait for you to try the hot chocolate. It's so good!" Alex says while the worker calls our names.