Chapter 17 - You Belong

Lena POV

I'm anxious the entire 13 hour flight from Korea back to National City. I miss my girls so much but am nervous to meet our new addition. I know it's crazy how much I trust Kara to bring in this little girl. I just know she's going to change our lives.

Once we land, I get in the car and stop by the donut shop to get a couple dozen. I have some k-pop merch I got for Lennox and some K beauty products for Kara but I feel bad I didn't get anything for Flora. At least this way I won't come completely empty handed. If she's going to be in this family, she better like donuts.

I take a deep breath as I step out of the car and make my way into the elevator.

"Lena! Welcome home, my love!" Kara says as soon as I step through the door, embracing me tightly.

"Hi, my love. I've missed you." I say before placing a kiss on her lips.

"Where are the girls?" I ask, placing all my things down.

"They're in Lennox's room. They have been inseparable. It's so cute. Flora is really opening up. I do know that she's a bit nervous to meet her idol."

"Oh? I wasn't aware she knew me." I chuckle lightly, finding it cute that a 10 year old considers me her idol instead of the woman I'm standing next to.

"Well if anyone deserves it, it's you. You're amazing, woman."

We make our way to Lennox's room and we see them on the floor, Lennox drawing and Flora reading.

Flora is beautiful. Her light blue shirt complimenting her rich brown skin. Her dark hair is pulled half up. The longer I look, the more her scars become apparent. Her little arms have a couple of of dark bruises and scars. The shirt she's wearing is one of Lennox's so it's hanging off her body, exposing her chest a bit. I see her sternum and ribcage poking out which also have bruises and marks on them.

I look up to meet Kara's eyes with tears brimming and she smiles lightly while nodding her head slightly. Why are there so many cruel people in the world?

"Hey girls." I say softly.

Lennox snaps her head up from her drawing and rushes into my open arms.

"Hi mama. I missed you so much!" She says hugging me so tightly.

"Hi, baby. God I missed you so much." I reciprocate her ferocity of holding her.

"There's some donuts and gifts for you in the kitchen." She looks up with wide eyes and kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank you!!" She runs into the kitchen and Kara follows her leaving me alone with Flora.

I look back and Flora has moved to Lennox's bed, patiently waiting.

"Hi Flora. I'm Lena."

"Hi, Lena." She says very shyly. I already know I'm gonna fall in love with her. She's so sweet.

"I've heard so many good things about you. I'm excited you're here." I say sitting next to her on the bed.

"So I hear you're a fan of science?" She looks up at me with her soulful hazel eyes making me melt.

"Yes! I love science. I really like biology and horticulture." She's a girl after my own heart. She could probably talk about this for hours.

"I don't have a lot of knowledge in horticulture but I'm very interested in it. I'm glad I have someone to teach me now." I bump her shoulder making her smile.

"I'm not that smart." She says looking down at her hands.

"Hey, that's not true sweetie. Not true at all. When I heard that you followed some of my research and loved learning about what I was doing in my career, I knew you would be one of the smartest people I would ever know. My clients don't even research what I do." I say making her laugh.