Chapter 12 - New Normal

Lena POV

I didn't realize how much I missed Kara. We've been together non-stop since Lennox came into our lives, but we haven't had anytime to connect with just us. Lennox is the most important thing to me. But so is Kara. I'm glad things have started to calm down slightly so I can have time to show her that I care and love her.

Consummating our relationship wasn't half bad either. While Kara is in the shower, I'm thinking about how easy it was to be with her. I've never truly experienced sex like that with anyone else. I truly felt vulnerable with her and let her see all of me. Seeing all of her was truly mind blowing. I fell in love with each part of her body. I was reminded of why I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her in my office that day. Even not knowing the Supergirl side of her, Kara was all I needed. She makes me feel like I am worth much more than my CEO title, my money, and my family. She doesn't care about any of that. She has brought out who I am. Lena. Just Lena.

Kara comes out of the shower with a towel on her head and around her body.

"Feel better, my love?" I ask smiling.

"Oh, you don't even have to ask. I am so in love with you, Lena. Every part of you makes me feel better!" She replies leaning down to kiss me, sweetly.

She gets dressed and I do a quick rinse of my body. Once we are both ready for game night, we decide to go wake Lennox.

Once we got in her room, Lennox was already up sitting on her bed.

"Hey, you're awake! How was your nap?" Kara asks sitting next to her.

Before she could reply, we see a blood stain on her sheets and tears on her face.

"Oh baby, what happened?" I ask assessing the bloodstain and then her face.

"My side hurts so bad." She winces, holding her left side with her right arm.

"Can we take a look, my love?" Kara says and Lennox nods.

I lift up her shirt and see that her wound is reopened. Again.

"Okay Len, your wound has opened up again. I'm gonna go get some gauze so I can wrap it all the way around your ribs, okay?" I say kissing her head while she continues to hold in her cries.

I dab some disinfectant that the DEO gave us, on the wound, which makes her yelp and grab my hand tightly.

"Sorry, mama! Sorry. I didn't mean to." She looks at me with wide eyes, frightened as if I would hurt her for grabbing my hand.

"Hey, my love. It's okay. You didn't hurt me. I'm sorry this is hurting but I'm almost done, okay? You can squeeze mom's hand as hard as you need okay?" I tell her. Kara offers her hand which Lennox grasps tightly bracing for the pain.

I finish up wrapping her ribs and give her her medicine to stop the pain.

"I was having a nightmare about Joe." She says softly. "He was cutting me on my side and I think I scratched it in my sleep. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stain the sheets." She adds, getting up to strip the bed.

"Lennox, honey. You don't have to apologize. It was an accident, okay? Blood comes out very easy. Baby, we will never hurt you or punish you harshly for any of your mistakes. I know it might take a while to understand and get used to that, but we will remind you until we are blue in the face. I'm sorry you had another nightmare. We can give you another sleep aid tonight so you can get some good sleep." Kara says holding Lennox in her arms.

"Okay. Thank you, mom. And thank you mama, for patching me up for the 100th time." She laughs watery. 

"Of course, my love." I say kissing her forehead.