✎ 05 ✉

___________________________________

Things escalated quickly between the Dimoche and Pellereli families; let's just say the two families became even closer than before. After your first visit and revisiting with them these past few weeks and going home, the two brothers and Lady Lisa immediately noticed your change of behavior.

The once-quiet girl who keeps disappearing just to read was now talking to them and even inviting them to play, which never happens. They don't know what happens at the Dimoche manor, but one thing that they know is that Y/N Pellerelli should visit again because they like this new personality.

"I thought you'd grow old without smiling."

Alex said, smiling as well, as his sister looks brighter this past day, and he can't stop staring at it, just like he once prayed to see you with a big smile.

Marcus agreed; he was happy that things went nicely with the Dimoche family because if not, and his sister went home crying and more silent than ever, he wouldn't hesitate to confront the family and might do something he shouldn't.

Crying is the least the brothers want to see because on that unfortunate day for them it's the worse day of their life, as you become more distant and quieter than ever.

They can't help but feel guilty, knowing they were the cause of your tears after you threw that book, nearly hit them, and walked out.

So they tried to change that, to change their approach, but now it was easier than before, as you never fully acknowledge them except when they do something wrong.

You only chuckled at Alex's statement, not that you don't smile; you do smile if there are things that call for it, such as when you're reading an interesting book, when Lady Lisa helps you with your hair, when you see Alex or Marcus stumble, or when you figure out where you are.

Just outside the room where you and the brothers are, Lady Lisa and Duke were talking about your sudden change, and both of them were happy, thinking that the plan worked as the two wanted their daughter to grow normally.

It's not that they thought you were weird, but all they want is for their daughter to know how to handle the outside world and talk normally because sooner or later they will leave, and they feared that once they're gone, their precious Gem would be stuck on the corner.

Even though the brothers are there and can look out for you, they still want you prepared. Unknown to them, you have more knowledge of the outside world than they do.

"My lord, a letter has arrived, and it says that it's urgent."

"Urgent?" Lisa asks, confused, and at the same time, she can't help but feel nervous, watching her husband take the envelope and wave the servant to go back to work.

"Whose seal is it?"

"The Dimoche family wonders what is so urgent about it." The duke was kind of irritated because before the servant went to hand him the letter, he was going to invite the whole family to eat outside as a way to celebrate his precious daughter's change.