✎ 08 ✉

Special New Year's Gift - (EARLY ACCESS)

Happy New Year to everyone! Welcome to 2023.

___________________________________

Even though there is a list of books in her father's drawer, Aisha prefers to open these unidentified books one at a time while spending the majority of her time alone at the library.

Her favorite hobby is searching for the stories and information she wants to learn, since she finds it just as fascinating as searching for hidden treasure.

But things got more interesting.

Let's just say that after meeting this new friend of hers for the first time in her life, someone like her reads books rather than doing some unnecessary things.

After knowing this new friend of hers, who later gave her a new book that she had never heard of or read, even though the Dimoche library is large and the said book can also be found there,

Surprisingly, after searching the area for a couple of days just to search for the title of the given book, she didn't find any. What's more, this book she's now reading has somewhat caught her attention.

After reading "Red Riding Hood" and now "Maleficent," reading the first part made her express annoyance and how ridiculous it sounded, as Maleficent got angry because she wasn't invited to the birthday party, thinking how idiotic it was for the author to write it this way.

But as she continues to read, she discovers why Maleficent is so angry, and at one point, she discovers the truth: Maleficent has always been the victim.

If she had to score this book, she would say that it satisfied her, and because of this, she wanted to ask her friend to bring another interesting book, but that can wait, as by now Aisha would call it a day.

Standing up from the ground, she dusted her dress, removed any dirt, and walked to the door to rest or maybe have a quick snack before dinner was served. But for some reason, as she walked toward a corner of the bookshelves, she noticed a book was sticking out of its place.

Wanting to push it back, only to be stopped as the cover was different from the other books. Curious, she carefully inspected it.

'Hmm, I wonder what's this story about?' Opening the cover, Aisha reflected.

As she opened the cover, there it was written, "The fairy tale of love and murder." The title itself had already caught her attention, but would it do so when she started reading?

As she read it, carefully examining every sentence, Aisha couldn't help but put a frown on her face, just like how she felt when she started reading "Maleficent," but this time it stayed that way.

___

At the start of the story, the two couples always prayed under the cypress tree for a beautiful child. Soon, their prayers were heard, and they received a cute and pretty child.

But sadly, the wife passed away after giving birth, and her last wish was to be buried under the cypress trees, which was granted.

As the days passed by during those years, the husband's depression gradually faded away with time, and he married a new woman who soon gave birth to a little girl. Now the family is complete, and it looks like a happy ending, but no.