𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

It had been two weeks since Mateo arrived and had our conversation. Two weeks since Tewkesbury has written to me. And within those two weeks, I spent time with Mateo.

Mateo was a lovely boy. It felt different with him. I felt forced to talk to him, meanwhile, I could talk about the simplest things in life and have a full conversation with Tewkesbury. Not only that, Mateo asked to court me. My father was in the same room when Mateo asked me.

I had agreed. Why had I? Tewkesbury has been ignoring me. What reason for? I did not know. It frustrated me because I started to waste my time. I still wore his necklace though.

I pushed away my thoughts of him focusing my attention on Mateo. We were going to see his mother's favorite play tonight. He was leaving tomorrow night.

Mateo and I had our arms linked together. Wyatt was elated to hear about me agreeing with Mateo courting me. He would not shut up about a possible engagement. He knew if I married Mateo, it would be good for our family name.

Thankfully, Wyatt was not here. I could not deal with him for tonight. He had been bothering us all this week. I would have rather spent a whole day with Mateo than hear Wyatt.

"Mateo Lohengrin," We heard from our right. We both turned around at the sound of Mateo's name. I let out a small breath and averted eye contact. What was he doing here?

Mateo must have noticed this as he spoke up.

"We do not have to talk to him," He spoke up. "Given your family history." He explained. He first ignores me and now shows up here.

"Nonsense," I spoke up. I hated it, but they were acquaintances. "You know I think that the feud is stupid."

Mateo glanced at Tewkesbury and then at me once again. He slowly nodded and walked towards him.

"Tewkesbury Basilwether," Mateo greeted. He unliked his arm from mine to shake Tewkesbury's hand.

"And you are Miss Alderidge, correct?" Tewkesbury turned to me, putting on a façade.

"Correct you are Mr. Basilwether," I answered.

"A pleasure to meet you," Tewkesbury said, reaching to shake my hand. He was putting up a façade and had ignored me, I would do the same.

"I can't say the same, but the pleasure is mine," I politely said. "I think we should find our seats," I turned to Mateo.

Mateo nodded in response. As we turned away, I dropped my fan. Whether Tewkesbury would pick it up or not, I did not know.

"Miss Alderidge!" I heard from behind us. I turned around. Tewkesbury was where I had left my fan.

"I must have dropped it on accident," I told Mateo, acting like I was missing something. I unlinked my arm and walked towards Tewkesbury.

"Find a way to leave Mateo, and I'll find you," Tewkesbury said, handing my fan back. I didn't say anything, but he knew I would meet him.

I grabbed my fan back from him, curtsying once he handed it to me. I walked back towards Mateo and he happily took us to our seats. The play was about to begin.

"I need to use the washroom," I said, standing up. Luckily, where we were it was a private section. Our parents trust us.

I walked towards the main hall. There was no one there. There were only two other corridors. One was for the washroom. I didn't have time to think as someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards them.

No surprise, it was the brunette I had become familiar with. He opened the door to one of the washrooms and locked it behind him once we were both inside.

"And what do you think you are doing?" I turned to Tewkesbury, questioning him.

"What am I doing? What are you doing here with Mateo Lohengrin?" Tewkesbury inquired, walking near me. Was he truly jealous?

"What am I doing?" I scoffed, shoving him slightly. "You've done nothing but ignore me! What other choice did I have? Look, I told you if you weren't serious to not bother." I clarified.

"I see you are wearing the necklace I gave you," Tewkesbury noted, not bothered about me shoving him away. Instead, he walked closer.

"This is just game to you," I muttered under my breath. "Out of everything you say, you say that," I said annoyed.

"I'm saying that because you know I am serious about this. I gave you that because I do want something with you. No matter how complicated it gets." He explained.

"And how am I supposed to know that?" I exclaimed.  I was done. It couldn't happen, but I desired for it to happen. What was 'it'? Whatever the world had in store for Tewkesbury and me.

"I already told you. I will disown my family if it means I even get to be near you." He stepped closer.

"[Y/N], I know you feel something between us," He lifted my chin. "Don't deny it." He whispered.

I didn't deny it. I couldn't deny it. And even if I wanted to deny it, I wouldn't. I wouldn't because it drives me to insanity that I have a thing for my family's rival heir.

It drives me insane that he is everything I wanted.

I see his eyes looking down at mine before slightly shifting lower. He looked so perfect. He was naturally an attractive man. But the thought that he couldn't be mine made him more irresistible.

He leans down ever so carefully. I hate that I'm attracted to him, I should be repelling him. He's so close yet so far from my lips. I had never sounded more desperate in my life, and I vowed to myself that I would never be desperate for any man. But every thought I ever had changed when I was near the tall brunette in front of me.

Nothing could ruin this moment unless I backed away. But I didn't. I finally allowed myself to give in to the temptation of him. His lips almost brushed over mine. Almost.

"Please," He whispered. Please? "Please don't do something you'll regret after," Tewkesbury whispered. And I knew what he meant. He knows me well enough by now. He thought I would regret what I was doing after. 

And he had every reason to believe that. But he was wrong. I wouldn't regret it.

I grasped Tewkesbury's lapel and pulled him down towards me. Our lips finally connected. I forced myself to shut my eyes. I didn't want to see his reaction or anything. I just wanted to enjoy this small moment.

I remained slightly frozen as this was the first time I ever kissed somebody. It was a small and short kiss, nonetheless, I felt like I had just gotten a glimpse of Heaven. I slowly moved my face away, overwhelmed by what just happened.

Although, that's not what the brunette in front of me had planned. He quickly chased after me again. He cupped my cheek before kissing me again. This time I relaxed and just followed his lead.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to pull him closer. I didn't know why I pulled him close. It was like I felt that he would slip away from me if he wasn't close to me. I knew he couldn't be mine. And he knew I could never be his. Yet we went against everything we were raised by.

Tewkesbury slightly moved back to take a small breath. I slightly laughed, seeing him smile. I didn't know he could affect me like this. I was surprised anyone had this effect on me.

"I despise the idea of anyone else having you," Tewkesbury said, placing his thumb at the bottom of my lip. He lightly rubbed my bottom lip, I blushed slightly. "That was your first time wasn't it?" He asked. I nodded, and he smiled slightly.

Tewkesbury is my secret.

He is my beautiful little secret.