𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

She's sort of a long one my friends. So grab a snack and maybe some tissues. And this is possibly my favorite chapter so far. Enjoy!

I had a maid helping me pick out jewelry for today. She had tried to get me to remove my necklace, but it was the necklace that Tewkesbury gave me. I'd never taken it off. And I never will.

I heard the door knock slightly, I didn't bother looking. 'I'll get it for you, ma'am,' I heard the servant say beside me. I nodded in response. As I was looking in the mirror, I noticed Wyatt entering the room.

I bit the inside of my mouth, not wanting to see him. I threw the jewelry in my hands aside. I went to follow my servant but Wyatt grabbed my wrist before I had the chance to leave.

"Leave us," He ordered, letting go of my wrist slowly. The maid curtsied before leaving.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"I know you paint me to be a fiend, but I'm only doing this for our family name. You know this. You've grown up with this mentality. All of this," He said picking up my hand and looking at my engagement ring. "It is to benefit us, to benefit you." He said. I removed my hand from his grasp, returning my hand to my side.

"What benefits do I get?" I scoffed, questioning Wyatt. "Being tossed around like property? That's all I am, and all I'll ever be. I already have everything I need, but not the one thing I want."

"You're still after him?" Wyatt spat out. "How many times do I have to tell you? He is vile. He was only going to use you and take our family name and demolish it."

"I don't have the energy to fight you anymore," I started to walk away, but before I got far, Wyatt harshly pulled me near him.

"You better listen to me [Y/N]," He whispered madly. "I've warned you once, and I'll keep warning you. You are forbidden to see him ever again."

"Let go of me," I struggled to get his grip off me. Once he did let me go, I walked towards the door but stopped before leaving.

"I'm having a few more alterations done today in my dress. It should be done in two more sessions." I announced, knowing it would make him pleased. If I talked about the wedding planning, it would shut him up, which satisfied me.

~~~

Violet and Enola were accompanying me today to my fitting. I explained to them what happened. I had also informed Owen of my fitting in hopes that I would run into the Basilwether heir. It was last minute, but knowing Tewkesbury, he would do anything.

As we were walking, Violet began questioning me. "You're surely not going to end things, are you?" The curly-haired girl next to me asked. "I mean, you both have been through so much, why end things now?" Violet asked.

"I'm going to marry Mateo, Violet," I explained. "I have to be a loyal wife to him." I fiddled with my ring on top of my glove.

"So you are going to end things?" Enola asked, looking at me. I remained quiet, not sure how to answer. I didn't want to end things with Tewkesbury. But I have to marry Mateo, there was no other solution to this.

"[Y/N]," Violet caught my attention. "Are you
sure this is what you truly want?"

No.

There was nothing more that I wanted except to tell them that I didn't want to get married to Mateo. But they knew that, there was no point in crying. I was done crying, but I don't think I'll ever truly get over it.

"Look, I know what I want. I want to get married to Mateo so this whole... thing can be done with. I'll be in Mateo's care once we get married and I'll never see him again. I have to learn how to live without him, and so does he." I hesitated with the last sentence.