I

Foster Enterprises Inc.
Here I was, standing in front of a very big company, for my interview. After I lost my job at Franklin's, I thought I wouldn't get a job anywhere, but here I was.
I entered the big office and went to the reception.

"I'm Chloe Edwards. I'm here for the interview." I said.

"Oh, that's you?" The receptionist cringed.

"Er, yes?"

"Whatever. Mr. Foster's office is right here." She pointed towards the room.

"Thanks."

I went towards the room. Tristan Foster. The big name plate on his door said.
I opened the door and saw him seated at his table.

"Good Morning sir, I'm Chloe Edwards--"

He cut me off.

"Oh, come in. I was waiting for you, darling." He smirked. He was a middle aged man and something seemed really off about him.
"Come, take a seat." He said. I sat down right opposite to him. His eyes travelled to my chest. I crossed my arms on my chest.

"So, I saw your CV which you sent through mail. It was very impressive. My question is, why did you leave Franklin's?" He asked.

"As far as that is concerned, I don't think that should affect my interview here. You said you liked my CV and I think that's what matters the most, and I want to work here to take this company to greater success."

"Hm, confident, I see. But I heard you were kicked out?" He smirked.

"That reason is something very personal, but I assure you that I won't give you a reason to complain against me."

"You know, that shirt you're wearing is really cute?" He smirked. I gasped. How lame can this guy get?

"Excuse me?" 

"Listen, we can work something out," he licks his lips and places his hand over mine on the table. I immediately pull back my hand.

"How dare you?" I said, getting up.

"What?"

"You know what? You can keep this job, because I don't need this. I'll definitely go to a better place to work." I said.

"Your choice, babe. By the way, I know why you were kicked out." He smirked. My eyes widened.

"H-How?"

"This is the business industry, baby. Everything spreads like wildfire."

I took my folder and left the office. My eyes were brimming with tears. One mistake. I made a big mistake by doing my internship at Franklin's. My phone rang. Joe.

Joe was like a father to me. After my parents died, he was like a guardian, someone I could trust.

"Hello?" My voice cracked.

"Chloe, what's wrong?"

I told him everything that happened.

"That asshole. You don't deserve it. There's an offer for you, but I don't know if you'll take it."

"What offer?"

"It's at Anderson Enterprises Inc. It's the job of Ryan Anderson's personal secretary."

"Personal secretary? But I need a high paying job, Joe."

"You do realise that it is one of the biggest companies in the world right? Being his secretary is going to pay you a lot, trust me." He said.

I sighed.

"Alright, when can I go for the interview?"

"There's no interview. Ryan's dad and I are good friends. I told Ryan that I had a person in mind and she's perfect for it."

"You did that?" I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm amazing, I know."

"Alright, so when should I go?"

"Go right now. I'm already outside the office."

"Okay." I said and hung up.

I drove to Anderson Enterprises. I saw Joe standing outside.

"Hi Chloe." He smiled.

"Hey."

"Come, let's go."

I followed him into the office. He knocked on the door which read 'Ryan Anderson-Chied Executive Officer'

There he was, the person who's known for his extraordinary business skills and good looks.
He raised his eyebrow when he saw Joe.

"Why are you here?" He asked Joe. That's rude.

"I told you about a girl who could be your personal secretary right? Here she is." Joe moved aside, since I was standing behind him. Mr. Anderson's eyes met mine. Holy shit. I knew he had the whole bad guy attitude, but I didn't know he was this handsome.

"What's your name?"

"Chloe. Chloe Edwards." I said.

"And why do you think you're fit for this job?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"As your secretary, I can pretty much do whatever you ask me to do, from making presentations to arranging conferences. Anything. I've been trained in this field at my University."

"One month."

"What?" I asked.

"You've got one month, starting from tomorrow to show me your capabilities. If you disappoint me, you're fired." He said. I nodded.

"I won't let you down."

"You don't have a choice."