III

I survived my first meeting with Ryan Anderson. Honestly, he was very smart. He knew each and every thing about his company and that surprised me a lot. After the meeting, he went to his room. I thought I could bring out my non-existent social side to find new friends.

"Hey, Chloe right?" A guy said.

"Yeah, that's me." I smiled politely.

"I'm Ethan from the Sales department. It's nice to meet you." He held out his hand and I shook it.

"How are you liking it here?" He asked.

"It's great. I mean, I really like this job."

"Nice. I really gotta get back to work or else Mr. Anderson will get me fired." He said and laughed.

"I'll see you around, yeah?" He said.

"Sure." I smiled. Everybody called him Mr. Anderson, I think. But why was I the only one allowed to call him Ryan?

I went to my cabin, and started making the presentation which Ryan gave me to make. Just then, he entered my cabin. He looked tensed.

"My laptop crashed. I need yours, I was on an important skype meeting." He said and groaned.

"Here." I got up from my chair, so that he could sit.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

"Do you need any help?"

"Yeah, just stay here. That's all I need." My heart fluttered. I sat opposite to him.

While he was talking to that person, he forgot some of the sales figures. So, I prompted them to him and well, his meeting went well.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem."

"Do you mind working with me till the night on Friday? There's a big conference coming up, and I sure as hell won't be able to do it without you."

"Er, yeah, sure."

"I'll see you later." He said and left. This guy was a bit crazy.

I had to give him a folder so I went to his office, when i heard him talking to someone.

"New secretary and all, huh?" An unfamiliar voice said.

"Don't ask. She looks like a control freak. She's so bored and that irritates me. Her skirts are hideous." Ryan said. Wait what?

"Don't say that, she must be good at her work."

"That day, I told her to arrange the folders on this rack. She can't even reach the top."

"That isn't her fault, Ryan."

"She's--" I entered his room without letting him speak further. His eyes widen and he stops talking immediately.

"Here's the folder you asked for." I said, my voice cracking a bit at the end.

"Hi. You must be Chloe? I'm James, this idiot's best friend." The other guy said and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, sir."

"Call me James."

"Okay. I have some work to do. It was great meeting you." I said and walked out of the room. I went to the washroom and looked at the mirror. Was I that bad looking? My eyes were brimming with tears. No, I shouldn't be crying. Somebody entered the washroom. I wiped my tears.

"Hey Chloe." James greeted me.

"H-Hi."

"Please don't care about Ryan. He can be an ass most of the time. He's just stressed with work."

"He hates me."

"He doesn't hate you. If he did, he would have fired you. I know that guy. He doesn't really depend on anyone, but he does depend on you because he needs your help in every single thing. You know what he told me the other day? You offered him food. That doesn't happen often. There's hardly anyone in this office who actually gives a damn about him."

"I don't know why I'm feeling this bad."

"Has someone said something about you like this before?"

Jacob.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"Exactly. Did that person mean a lot to you?"

"Yes."

"I got it now." He smiled.

"What did you get?"

"Nothing. See you later, and don't cry."
He said and left.

I sighed and went to my cabin. The phone rang.

"This is Mr. Anderson's secretary speaking." I said.

"Come to my office, please?" The same stupid voice which sounded so stupidly sexy. I hung up, and made my way to his office.

"I'm sorry." He said. I laughed dryly.

"You're sorry?"

"I am, seriously. I just, I'm not used to people doing work according to what I say."

"You run an empire. People have to work for you because you pay them, so stop kidding. If you have something productive for me to do, then say it."

He ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration.

"That's not what I mean. Urgh. I'm actually sorry for what I said." He said. I sighed.

"It's alright." I said. He gave me a small smile.

"I'll mail you the sales figures of last year. Put it into a presentation." He said. I nodded and left. I bumped into someone.

"Hm, so you're his new secretary." A woman said.

"Yes."

"How many times has he fucked you?"

"Excuse me?"

"He's gonna do it soon, trust me. But babe, you're not going to be his first, and definitely not his last either." She smirked and shoved past me and left. What the hell?

I went to my cabin and started entering the value one by one. Once I was done, I mailed it to him.

After a while, the phone started ringing.

"This is--" I started.

"Come to my office right now." He seemed angry.

I went to his office.

"What the hell is this?" He yelled while pointing towards his laptop.

"W-what?"

"All the sales figures are wrong." He snapped.

"I put what you mailed me."

"Bullshit, it's all wrong. You did this deliberately, didn't you?"

"Sure, I deliberately put wrong sales figures so that your conference goes bad right?" I snapped.

"You're acting as if it's my fault."

"So, do you think it's mine?" I asked. He sighed.

"Just leave it, I'll make the changes."

"Your wish."

"Sorry for snapping at you."

I walked out of his room. Why can't he be normal?