XVI

Ryan

"Why the hell would you do that?" James screamed.

"I can't do this to her. You know what happened last time right?" I asked, reminiscing my past.

"Oh come on! You're so stupid. Can you imagine how bad she must be feeling?"

"It's better that she leaves now. It'll only hurt her in the future if we were together."

"Oh, please tell me who enlightened you with this thought." He said in a mocking tone.

"Nobody as such."

"Ryan," he started.

"Fine. Charlie threatened that he'd hurt her."

"Charlie as in that boxer?"

"Yes."

"And when did Ryan Anderson start caring about threats like that?"

"James, you know I'd kill him if he hurt her, but I can't invite such a situation because I don't want him near Chloe." I admitted.

"Ryan, I know you won't make a mistake again. I know you'd still protect her even if she leaves you or hates you. Don't do this to her or yourself."

"Just give me some time, James. I need to think this through."

"Don't make your decision in haste, Ryan." He said and walked out of my room.

Chloe had changed me for the better. That was the only reason I was scared.

My phone buzzed.

Ryan, you've got to tell me what's wrong. You don't usually behave this way. Text me whenever.

Chloe had messaged me.

If you think we jumped into a relationship too fast, I respect your decision. And I'm fine with waiting, but you have to tell me what's bothering you.

I sighed.

..

"Dude, let's go for a movie." James said.

"Not in a mood, sorry."

"How about dinner?"

"I just want to stay at home. You go ahead." I said.

"Nope. I want to do something with you." He said. I looked at him and his eyes widened. I burst out laughing.

"I didn't mean it in that way. Get your mind out of the gutter, geez."

"You're such a creep man." I said.

"Right, of course. I'm not the one who wrote love letters to girls without mentioning my name."

"That was one time!" I defended.

"Sure. If that's what helps you sleep at night."

"You do, James." I smirked.

He gave me a disgusted look.

"This is just going out of hand. I always knew you had a thing for me."

"Right, of course." I said sarcastically.

"OK, now get up. The three of us are going for a movie."

"Who?"

"You, me and Chloe." He said.

Wait what?