IV

It was Thursday, which meant that the weekend wasn't far. Ryan was trying to apologise all day yesterday, but I just ignored him. I changed the way I looked. I wore a dress today, and a bit of make-up too.

Joe said that he'd have breakfast with me, so we went to this restaurant nearby.

"So, how's work?" He asked.

"I like this job, but except for the fact that Ryan always acts as a stuck up arrogant guy."

Joe laughed.

"He can be horrible sometimes, but he's a good man." He said.

"Whatever."

We spoke for a little while more, and then I left for work.

I entered the office and was greeted by Ethan.

"Hey, you look good today." He grinned.

"Thanks," I said. "I thought I'd try something new."

He smiles.

"A few of us are going for a movie tomorrow in the evening, wanna go?" He asked.

"She's working late tomorrow." A familiar voice said.

"Oh okay, Mr. Anderson. I'll catch you later Chloe." Ethan smiled and left.

"You look beautiful today." Ryan said.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Come with me, I need your help." Ryan said.

I followed him to his room.

"For the conference, I need you to arrange a proper banquet hall in a good five-star hotel. Here's the list of preferred hotels." He pointed towards the laptop screen.

"You haven't decided the banquet hall yet?"

"Um, I run an empire, darling. I get things done when I want."

Jerk.

I roll my eyes.

"Sit here and see which hotels are free for Saturday." He said and I sat on his seat. He was standing right beside me with his hand on the back of the seat.

It took us a while to find a suitable hotel. This close proximity between me and him just made me feel different. I didn't know why I felt that way. I should hate him for how he treats me, but I don't.

"So,I'll make a call and book the banquet hall then." I said and got up. But he was beside me, so I tripped over his leg. I was waiting to hit the ground, but a pair of arms caught me. Clichè, I know. He looked into my eyes, and I looked into his. I coughed awkwardly, and he pulled me up.

"Got your fairytale moment?" He asks, a smirk finding his face.

I snort.

"Fairytales usually consist of unbelievably charming men." I retort.

"Exactly why I said it, darling."

"Stop calling me darling."

He winks.

I rolled my eyes and left.

..

I was sitting in the cafeteria, eating a sandwich and trying to give a thought about what was happening. It wasn't right at all. I was his secretary, I wasn't allowed to feel this way.

"Hey Chloe. Do you mind if I sit here?" I looked up to see Ryan. I shook my head.

"What's in that sandwich?" He asked.

"Tomato and cheese."

"How can you like tomatoes?" He cringed.

"Why? They're pretty good. I mean, I know I can be weird at times when it comes to food, but they're really good."

"You're not weird."

"I am, a lot."

"No, I think you're pretty amazing." My stupid heart fluttered again. Urgh.

We spent rest of the lunch time in silence.

..

It was already Friday, and all the people were leaving the office. Ryan and I were making the presentation.

"Hey, I just want to rehears this thing once. Just hear me out once?" He asked. I nodded.

He took at least an hour, and at the end, he was thorough with everything. In fact, he was perfect. We made the guest list for another hour, calling the CEOs from all around the world.

"It's eight. Do you have your car?" He asked.

"Yes."

"C'mon, I'll drop you to the parking lot."

I gave him a small smile.

We walked towards the lift together, and then went to the basement.

It was freezing outside, and me being the stupid person I am, I wore a dress.

He removed his coat and gave it to me.

"You'll feel cold." I said.

"No, I won't."

"It's fine, really—"

He rolled his eyes and put the coat on me.

We reached my car, and before opening the door, i turned to thank him.

"Your coat." I was removing the coat.

"Keep it." He whispered.

Our faces were inches away from each other. He placed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Before my mind could process anything, he placed his lips on mine. I found myself kissing him back. He placed his hand next to my head on the car. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You don't seem to have gotten over your habit of kissing your secretaries."

That made Ryan freeze. Wait, what?