II

The working environment felt unfamiliar as soon as I entered the office. I was given a cabin next to Mr. Anderson's office, and hell, my cabin was pretty big. It literally had everything. The phone on the table started ringing.
I picked it up.

"This is Mr. Anderson's secretary speaking. How can I help you?"

"It's me, Ryan. Come to my office right now." He said in his deep voice.

"Oka--" Before I finished, he hung up. That was rude.

I knocked on his door.

"Come in." He said. I opened the door and went in.

"There's a meeting tomorrow, so I'm giving you the sheet which has the sales figures. Type it in, and mail it to me." He said and gave me the sheet. Our hands touched, and it gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Oh, and I forgot to give you your laptop. Here, this is a new one, but I configured all the important things. I've had an account for you made." He said and handed me a Mac book. Wait.

"Is this for me?" I asked. I was surprised.

"Yeah, obviously. That's why I gave it to you."

"Okay."

"And one more thing, Chloe." My name sounded different when he said it.

"Yes, Mr. Anderson?"

"I'll be mailing you my schedule for the nex three months, so that you can decide the meetings accordingly since they'll call you for dates. And, don't call me Mr. Anderson. Call me Ryan."

"Okay. I'll complete this and mail it to you."  I said. He nodded.

I went to my cabin and sat at the table. I opened the laptop and clicked on the already opened tab. It said:

Welcome Chloe Edwards. You have no mail as of now. Click here to send a mail.

I opened a blank document and started typing the sales figures.
It took me twenty minutes to type the entire thing. I attached the document to a blank mail, and saw that I had one contact.
Ryan Anderson. I clicked on his name and it automatically got sent to him.
I got a reply soon.

Thanks. Come to my office right now.
-R

I went to his office.

"Can you please arrange these folders here on this rack for me?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Sort them alphabetically."

"Okay."

All the files were placed on the side table. I picked up the one I saw first. Accenture Inc. I picked it up and tried reaching the top shelf. But I was a bit short to reach. I stood on my toes to keep it, but that didn't work.

"Here, let me do it." A voice said from behind me. He took the folder from my hand and placed it on the shelf. My back was pressed against him, and that gave me a tingly feeling. I got the smell of his cologne.

"Give me all the files that start with A." He said in my ear. My heart beats were erratic and my hands were shaking as I picked up the files and gave them to him one by one. Somehow, I wanted to stay in this position.

"Here, this is done. I think you can do the rest." He said and sat on his seat.

I finished arranging them in like forty minutes because there were a hell lot of them.

"It's lunch break. You should probably go and eat something." He said.

"Yeah, can I get you something?" I asked.

"Y-You'll get me food?" He seemed surprised.

"Yeah, I mean, I am your secretary."

"Okay.."

"I'm going to the Taco Bell just nearby. Should I get you something from there?" I asked.

"Sure."

I nodded and left.

..

I brought two platters. I went to his office and he asked me to come inside.

I took out one plate which had the stuff and gave it to him. I was just leaving when he spoke up.

"Eat with me." He said quietly.

"What?"

"Well, I'm guessing that you're yet to make friends here, so you can simply eat with me."

"If you say so."

I sat opposite to him.

"So, who do you stay with?" He asked.

"I stay alone. My parents passed away a few years back." I said and took a bite from my food.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. What about you? Who do you stay with?"

"Well, I stay with one of my best friends, James. We're really close, so yeah. My parents stay in America."

"Okay."

There was a silence after that. A comforting one. But I liked this. It was only me and him, and well, tacos.