Chapter 1

Valentina's pov  (outfit below)

"Valentina, despierta." (Wake up) I heard my mom's voice as she lightly shook me, and I let out a small groan.

"Déjame, cinco minutos más por favor." (Leave me, five more minutes please) I say groggy, but my mom doesn't budge so she yanks the blanket off of me forcing me to to sit up.

She doesn't say anything but raises her eyebrows warningly at me.

I sigh and get up to take a shower and get ready.

After my father was murdered, my mom and I had to leave Mexico and come to the United States. We didn't have much of a choice, since my father's murderers were still out there.

Now here I am in the United States in a new place and a new school, where I am alone.

Today is my first day in a brand new school and brand new faces. I'm fine with being alone, but I'm scared of the talks, the looks, and the thought of making new friends.

As I got out of the shower, I quickly washed my face and put on makeup.

I scrummaged through my closet looking for an outfit to wear. I want to look presentable at least for the first day.

I ended up picking out a long-sleeved light pink body con shirt, that showed a bit of cleavage, with light blue mom jeans finished with my black and white Chuck Taylor Converse.

After I was done changing, I put my hair up with a hair clip leaving my front strands out. (A/N: honestly best hairstyle ever lol)

I quickly unplugged my phone from the charger and looked at the time as it read: 8:05.

Shit, I'm going to be late!

I made my way downstairs and greeted my mom with a kiss on her cheek.

"Eat something before you go to school, I don't want you starving." She says, passing me a plate of pancakes with the syrup.

"Thank you." I smile and start eating the pancakes. I get full easily so I could only eat 1 slice and sometimes I don't finish it.

"Ya terminastes?" (You finished) My mom asks, and I nod grabbing my backpack and heading outside.

I left my car back in Mexico, so I decided to just give it to my cousin since she didn't have one.

After a few minutes of waiting inside my mom's car, my mom came out locked the door of the front house and got into the car.

"Ready?" My mom smiles, and I sigh and shake my head.

"Everything will be fine. You know to call or text me whenever." She says, turning on the car and reversing out of the driveway.

I nod taking out my AirPods and inserting them into my ears. Music is the only thing I love besides my family. Music helps me relax and calm me down whenever I'm feeling anxious.

Maybe won't you take it back?
Say you were tryna make me laugh
And nothin' has to change today
You didn't mean to say, "I love you"I love you and I don't want to
Ooh
Up all night on another red eyeI wish we never learned to fly
I Maybe we should just try
To tell ourselves a good lie didn't mean to make you cry

I was about to cry, but before I could my mom shook my shoulder & I looked out the window to see we were at the school.

"Te amo Vale, si necesitas algo por favor dígame." (I love you Vale, if you need anything please tell me)

"Te amo mas," I say, and hug my mom as I open the car door and let myself out.

I took a deep breath and walked inside. Immediately as I opened the door, I felt stares at me.