Chapter 21

Valentina's pov

It has been 2 days, since the whole incident with Heaven happened, and let me say that she's been more vicious than usual.

She's been skipping class and even cheer practice, which is very unusual for her to do.

Is it because of what happened? Should I talk to her? Would she even want to talk to me?

Definitely not.

She probably feels embarrassed and confused, and I get that, but it's okay I get how she feels.

Anyways, right now I'm in the locker room with Gina and the other cheer girls, before the football game starts. Unfortunately, there is no sign of Heaven, but I'm sure she'll show up. She never misses a game.

"Is Heaven okay?" Stephanie, one of the cheer girls asks, and I nod while smiling. I didn't want any of the girls to get the wrong impression, but I also didn't want to lie straight their faces.

"Yes she will. In fact, I'm going to check up on her right now." I say, grabbing my phone and walking away as I dial her number. I turn around to see Gina look at me concerned, but I give her a look that I'm okay.

"Why the hell are you calling me?" Heaven asks from the other side of the phone, her voice coming off as a whisper.

"First off, you know there's a big home game today right? And guess what? Our cheer captain isn't here, so get your butt over here." I say, alittle annoyed.

"Oh, so now you care that I'm the captain? You didn't seem to care when you were letting Coach think that you were the captain and that I was invisible."

I roll my eyes with a scoff. Is she being serious right now?

"You know damn well that's not what I meant. Look, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'm simply trying to tell you that we need you here. Now if you still won't oblige, I'll literally beg." I reply, and I can hear her say something, however all I'm able to hear is muffled voices in the background.

"Hello?"

"Yeah sorry, okay fine, I'm on my way then. Don't start the chant without me." She says, but before I can reply she hangs up the phone.

I turn back around and give Gina a thumbs up and she sighs in relief. Thank god that Heaven is coming because if she didn't, this routine would be shit. She's basically the star of the show.

"That was a close call." Gina says, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I know." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

I'm surprised Heaven actually answered me, I thought she would immediately decline my call. After all, she is avoiding me and basically everyone else.

Even her mom, which is sad.

——

After 10 minutes of waiting for Heaven to arrive, she finally arrives with her cheer uniform and her hair and makeup done.

She looks at me, then quickly turns her gaze away as I catch her.

"Miss me?" Heaven smirks, her voice already irritating me.

"No." I shoot back at her, smiling as I feel her smirk  fall down into a serious face.

The girls look at Heaven and I weirdly, as if they've never seen us interact this way, which is understandable because we hate each other.

Heaven looks at me and grabs my hand, pulling me away from the locker room, to the hallway.

"Did you tell them?" Heaven asks, a warning tone coming out of her mouth, which makes me gulp in nervousness.

"No. I swear, I didn't tell anyone." I say, and Heaven sighs in relief and looks pleased.

"Good. You better keep in that way." Is all she says, and goes back into the locker room.

Oh.

"Come on girls, it's game time!" I hear Heaven scream out. I immediately make my way towards the locker room, and see the girls with Heaven in a circle.

I smile and stand next to Heaven who stares at me with her emerald eyes, that are gazing upon my eyes.

Heaven puts her hand in the middle, causing the girls to put their hands on top of hers. I place my hand softly on top of the other hands, while Heaven shouts out, "Let's go Wildcats!"

We all depart our hands off each other and make our way outside to the field. I hate football so much, but I love cheer.

"I bet we're going to lose." Gina says, laughing from beside me. I punch her shoulder playfully and smile, while rolling my eyes.

She's not wrong though.

"Hey!" I hear a familiar masculine voice call out, I turn around and see Jay with his football gear and his uniform.

He jogs towards me.

"Are you still down for after the game?" He asks, looking straight into my eyes, holding his helmet on one of his hands.

Shit I totally forgot about me having to hang out with him.

"Sure, yeah." I say, kind of uncomfortable.

He smiles and ruffles his hair with one of his hands.

He's not cute.

"Cool. I'll see you then." He says, finally leaving.

I shake my head and walk towards the bleachers to see the girls warming up.

Let's do this!

——

After the game, I changed immediately because I was drenched in sweat. The weather is so freaking hot, I hate it! Why does it have to be hot?

Once I changed, I put away all my stuff in my locker and as I was about to head out, Heaven blocks my way out.

"Where are you going?" Heaven asks, her eyes trancing up on mine. Her voice coming out as raspy.

"I have to go meet Jay, but you're in my way so move." I demand, however she doesn't budge, she laughs as her eyes narrow down on me.

"Are you two dating or what?" She asks, tilting her head at me.

"That's none of your business." I can practically see the steam coming out of her ears and I know she's about to do something to me.

She comes closer to me until her face is close to mine.

"It is my business. So tell me— do you want to fuck him?" She clenches her jaw, clearly angry.

Why is she mad though?

"No, we're just friends."

I don't understand why she cares, so I decide to ask her.

"Why do you care anyways?" I question. Her eyes turn dark, and I immediately know she's going to say something she's going to regret later.

"Because I don't want anyone to have you."

What? That doesn't make sense. She hates me!

"I'll make sure no one will have you." She says, while caressing my cheek with her hand.

What the hell?