Chapter 5

Alicia continued getting ready for the visitations service as she tried to calm herself down, but failed miserably. She couldn't keep herself from crying.

After about thirty minutes of continuously sobbing, Alicia was finally able to finish getting herself ready. Alicia decided to turn on her Pandora Radio to get her mind off of things, but it only made things worse.

She let a tear escape as she listened to Far Away by Nickelback because the lyrics just reminded her of how much she loved Katie, missed Katie, and how much she wanted Katie to stay. She let even more tears escape as she listened to Florida Georgia Line, The Fray, and Rascal Flatts.

Her mom walked into her daughter's room to find her laying on her bed, tears streaming down her face with a look of hurt and absolute sadness in her eyes. As her mom pulled her into her chest, her dad came in, wondering what was taking so long, only to see his daughter's face stained with tears.

"Sweetheart, come here." He said as he pulled her into his masculine arms.

"Daddy, she's really gone." Alicia replied, still with tears streaming down her face.

"Yes she is sweetie, but we're going to be okay. We're going to make it." He replied, feeling her calm down a little.

"Do you want to play the piano? That always makes you feel better." He asked her.

"No. I cant. It reminds me so much of her. When I look at it, all I see is her, standing there, smiling or laughing. It's just too much right now." She replied, smiling at the thought of her best friend alive and laughing or smiling with her.

"Alicia, we need to go, if we don't want to be late." Her mom told her and her dad.

"Okay then, let's go." Alicia replied.