Chapter 8

"What?!" Alicia almost screamed.

"Yea. After what you said to me before I moved, I convinced my mom to let me stay here with my grandmother. So what's been going on with you? You look like you've been crying." He said.

"I have." Alicia replied.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Katie died a week ago. I just got back from visitations for her funeral." Alicia explained, bursting into tears once again.

Taylor hated seeing his best friend cry, so he did the best he possibly could to see his best friend's gorgeously radiant smile. He tried making jokes and trying to see the bright side of things, but nothing seemed to work. Alicia wouldn't stop crying.

Taylor finally realized that there was nothing he could do except let her cry until she gets it all out. He didn't care how wet his shirt got, he just wanted to see his best friend's gorgeous smile again.

Once Alicia started to calm down, Taylor suggested they lay on a blanket and look up at the stars, Alicia silently nodding in agreement as Taylor grabbed a blanket from the closet.

As they watched the midnight sky, they talked about anything that came to their minds.

"So how have you been doing with playing the piano? The last time I was here, you were learning how to play the notes." Taylor asked Alicia.

"It's been going well. I can play various movie themes, Beethoven, Mozart, and a few songs. I used to play almost every day, but I haven't even touched it lately." Alicia replied, with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Why haven't you touched it lately?" Taylor asked out of curiosity.

"The night I got the call about Katie being killed in that car wreck, I was working on writing my own composition that I was going to play for Katie on her thirteenth birthday. I haven't touched it since that night because it reminds me of her every time I look at it. I see her sitting on the stool with me while I was trying to teach her how to play a few notes and it's just too much right now." Alicia replied, tears streaming down her face.

"Come on." Taylor said as he stood up and held out his hand.

"Where are we going?" Alicia questioned.

"You'll see." He replied as Alicia took his hand and he led her inside.