Chapter 6

As Alicia walked into the funeral home, she spotted the tall, skinny, brown haired woman she knew as Mrs. Beth.

She started to walk over to greet her when she noticed that one of Katie's favorite songs, So Small by Carrie Underwood was playing over the speakers, which made her want to start crying again, but she had to hold it together for Mrs. Beth and the rest of Katie's family.

She finally made her way over to Mrs. Beth and hugged her, one of the tightest hugs she'd ever given, which made her feel like all her broken pieces were pieced back together again.

Just as soon as Mrs. Beth let go of Alicia, she noticed that Just A Dream by Nelly had started playing over the speakers and Alicia realized how much she wanted this whole thing to be nothing more than a dream.

She walked over to her best friend, who was laying in a faded purple casket, lifeless. Alicia was upset that she'd lost her best friend, but deep down, she was happy that Katie had found peace with God and wouldn't have any more pain.

Just as Alicia started thinking about how she would never forget Katie, Headphones by Florida Georgia Line started playing over the speakers in the large room filled with loved ones and best friends. Alicia started talking to Katie, but didn't know if Katie could hear her or not.

"Hey. You know life is pretty boring without you, right? Well if you didn't, you do now. I'm upset I lost my best friend, but I know you've found peace with God and all the pain has been taken away. I still don't want to believe you're gone. You know what? I can't play my piano anymore because it reminds me too much of you. I haven't played since the night I got the phone call about you being killed in that car wreck. Katie Savannah, I love you to death sand I'm never going to stop missing you." Alicia told her best friend, as she walked away crying.