Chapter 9

As Taylor led her through the house, she realized where he was taking her. She was being led to the living room, where her piano was.

"Come on. Play for me. I know you can." Taylor said, as he gave Alicia a reassuring smile.

"I can't." Alicia said as she stepped away from the piano and frowned.

"Yes you can." Taylor told her as he pulled her closer to the piano once again.

Alicia continued to frown.

"I really can't." She said as she ran out of the living room.

Taylor followed Alicia back outside and tried to get her to come back inside and play her piano for him.

"Taylor, every time I think of that piano or even look at it, I see Katie. I see her and all I want to food cry." Alicia told him as tears began to form in her eyes.

"You need to do it, for Katie. She wouldn't want you to stop playing because she saw how much joy it brought you every time you played. You need to." Taylor told her.

Alicia nodded and followed Taylor back inside to the living room. She took a deep breath before she sat down on the stool.

"Here. I printed this out for you to play." Taylor said as he handed her the sheet music for Moments by One Direction for the piano.

"Thank you," Alicia said as she took the music out of his hands, "but I think I'm going to keep working on my own composition." She told him and he nodded.

Alicia started to play and she instantly felt like a burden had been lifted off her shoulders. She kept writing in notes and changing some notes as she worked on finishing her composition.

She had forgotten that certain happiness that playing the piano brought her and she was happy that she'd found it again.

Taylor watched as Alicia played with so much happiness. He loved it when his best friend had happiness in her life. He hoped that she never lost that kind of happiness.