Sanji x Suicidal Gn!Reader | Always There For You

WORD COUNT 459

REQUEST? YES

*WARNING*

This chapter contains some things that may be triggering for some individuals, please remember that you're not alone and that you can always ask someone for help. 

I tried to be as vague as possible with some allusions to what was going on.

Reader discretion is advised.

I don't know if what I wrote will make even one of you feel just a tad bit better, but I hope it will. This is what I would have wanted to hear when I once felt like this.

 This is what I would have wanted to hear when I once felt like this

On the surface, your life could have been considered a pretty standard one, at least that was until you finally met the crazy straw hat crew, and everything changed, for the better of course.

But even though they made you happy, you still couldn't erase that terrible feeling your past experiences had left you. 

Sure, there were times when you were genuinely happy, so much that you even temporarily forgot all your worries and could enjoy time to the fullest...

However, those times were too often followed by moments of weakness, in which you felt like a dark abyss was waiting for you to do one wrong step and fall forever into that deep void of emptiness.

Sometimes that feeling took advantage and all you could do was give in to this terrible temptation and do unspeakable things to yourself.

It was during one of those times that he had found you laying there on the cold floor of your bedroom, he saw the shiny object in your hand and immediately understood what was going on.

His instincts kicked in and he knew exactly what he had to do.

You tried to explain what was going on, to at least try and come up with some kind of excuse, but there was no justification for this.

There was no way you were going to look into his eyes ever again, or that was what you thought, but the blond's voice caught your attention and you knew you had to at least look up at him.

His face wasn't angry like you would have expected him to be, instead, he tried his best to keep a calm and comforting expression.

"(Y/n)... Please let me help you, You're the person I cherish the most.. I need you here with me.

Whatever it is, we can work this out together, you're not alone."

You listened in silence, not knowing how to react, but before you could even process what was happening you found yourself crying on his shoulder, held in his gentle and warm embrace.

All you wanted at that moment was to stay like that just for a little longer, listening to Sanji's steady breath and his beating heart as a lullaby.

"Why don't we go to the kitchen, I'm not good with words, but I can prepare whatever you'd like to make you feel better.

You know, It would mean the world to me if I could make you feel better with my food."

You smiled and accepted his suggestion, after all, his love language was expressed through his cooking.

"I know this won't be the last time you'll feel this way, but I promise you I'll always be there to make you feel better, until one day we'll make these thoughts disappear from your mind. 

That's a promise. I'll always be there for you, (Y/n)"

To the person reading this

You're so brave and I'm proud of you. 

Keep going no matter what, because I know your beautiful light will shine brighter <3

Lots of love, Kimi.