16: It's Like They're Haunting Me, And It Makes Me Scared

-May-

I sit upright in shock. I have beads of pespiration trickling down my forehead, and I'm hyperventilating.

Another one. Another one of those terrible nightmares. Leo. Mom. Dad.

No.

I push the blanket off my bed, bringing my knees closer and hugging them. I began to silently tear and flashes of my childhood began to flash in my mind. i sit up and look at the old scars on my wrist.

Good ol' scars.

I look out the window, the sun was rising.

"May?" Smith suddenly opens the door to see a mess. "Oh God, what the hell happened?"

I shook my head and curled up into a ball, and felt the tears fall onto my pajamas.

"Shhh... It's okay May, it's gonna be okay." Smith whispered while he hugged me. "Come on." He held my hand and tugged it, signalling he wanted to go somewhere. I obliged and got up, and he went to the bathroom.

"Wash up, you won't be able to get rest like that." My brother turned on the tap and looked at me with worried eyes. "If you need anything, you can just call me." He smiled, and walked out of the bathroom.

That's what I loved about my brother, he never stays on a bad topic for too long. He doesn't spend hours on end to find out what's wrong, because he knows I'll tell him if I'm ready to tell him.

I splash the icy cold water onto my tear-stained face, and looked into the mirror. I looked tired, sleepy, and done. The gash still hadn't faded, it was still a line of dried up blood. I sighed.

I'd been getting the same nightmares everyday now. Mom, Dad and Leo all abusing me when I was a kid. It's not okay.

I walk back to my room and smile at Smiffy's door, good ol' brother.

I walk into my room and see that it's 8am, so I don't go back to sleep. I glance at my guitar, and decided to play it. I play my favourite song by Imagine Dragons, Demons.

I sing as my fingers strum the array of strings, hitting all the right chords and right pitch.

I finish and put my guitar back, brushing my hands together and walking out the room. My fractured wrist stings. I see Smith putting his shoes on, probably about to go to the Towers.

"I'll go first, I'll see you at 1?" He asked, and I nodded. He opened the front door and walked out, leaving me alone in the house. I walked back to my room and continued to watch Youtube.

-TIME WARP-

The doorbell rings. I paused the video, and walked out to answer the door. My leg had mostly healed, besides, it did get injured the least. The worst was probably my ribs and my eye.

I open the door and see Leo, who's hair is messy and unkempt. He's fiddling with his thumbs, and biting his lip. I know what he's doing, but I'm smarter than that.

"Fine, come in and explain all you want." I spat, and he breathed what I believe to be a sigh of relief. He slipped off his shoes and stepped into the living room, sitting onto the couch. I sat a few inches away from him.

"I... I didn't know what I was doing. She suddenly pulled me when we were just talking, and... Well it all happened so quickly, I didn't exactly know what was going on." He brushed his hand through his hair and looked at me sadly. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes. It still hurts Leo, why must you do this?

Just then, I saw a drop of sweat trickle down his forehead.

Leo was lying. Jyna didn't pull him into the kiss.