neighbors light up candy cane (childhood memory)

When I was 4 years old I remember being having being the dark because my parents didn't want the carolers to come not that they were Scrooge's or grinches. They just didn't want to have to pay the money for their singing that was worse than mine at the time. At the time I was going through recovery for tonsil surgery and tonsil removal and ended up not seeing as good but I still wasn't singing as horrible as a carolers. Pretty soon they ended up locking the doors and stuff and just getting everything in the candlelight and we would just eat dinner on the floor and just be quiet. All the time when I was that age I was running around the house and I saw a nice candy cane lit up and Christmas lights it was very wonderful it was the lgbtq colors you know the colors of the rainbow and I still remember this for the rest of my life it'll be something I'll remember even if I have dementia something that is always popping up in my head at this time of year. As I was looking at the Christmas light candy came my parents yanked me from the side and said let's eat dinner. I remember that exactly but that candy cane was seared into my memory as if it was a tattoo. It remind me of the simple things are just trying to avoid carolers. It's not that my parents were grinches or Scrooge's they would have loved to listen to their music but they couldn't afford it.