unwanted visitors

THEY SPED off down the dark road, all on edge because they were essentially driving a truck full of explosives.

"Comfortable back there, Mr. Jarvis?" Peggy sarcastically asked the butler, who was sitting in the back with the nitramene.

"Perfectly, thank you. These racks of explosives have distracted me from the smell of stale milk."

"Oh good." Peggy said. "You did say you wanted to help." Violet knew she was getting annoyed, but she also thought Jarvis could prove himself useful, someday.

"Take the Lincoln Tunnel back to Manhattan," Peggy instructed Leet Brannis. He was driving the truck, Peggy sitting next to him with her gun pointed at his head, and Violet standing behind him. "And stop fidgeting. Nothing's going to happen."

Of course— just as she said that, something happened. A loud noise came from the roof of the truck, almost as if someone had jumped on top of it.

Violet quickly pulled out her gun.

Poking his head out from the back, Jarvis said "did either of you hear that?" There was a moment of silence, and then a gunshot. A bullet ricocheted into the truck, and everyone got down.

"I definitely heard that," Peggy said as she started to climb onto the roof of the truck.

"Keep driving!" Violet told Brannis. "Try to shake him loose!" He put his foot on the gas.

Peggy was knocked off of the roof and onto the hood. "Shoot up!" She yelled at them through the windshield. Both Jarvis and Violet aimed upwards and fired. Peggy climbed back onto the roof of the car.

"Shouldn't we pull over?" Jarvis shouted from the back.

"Just hang on!" Violet yelled back to him.

Another shot was fired into the truck. This one hit Leet Brannis, causing the truck to swerve over the road. Violet grabbed the steering wheel and tried to steady it as best she could.

"Uh... Miss Brooks... the nitramene bombs are making noises!"

Not knowing what he meant, Violet looked back and saw some of the bombs had fallen out of the crates they were stacked in, and we're making a high pitched buzz.

"Peggy! We have a problem!" Violet shouted.

"I hear it! Get Brannis! Jump clear!"

"What?" Jarvis exclaimed, making his way towards the front of the truck.

"Jump now!" Violet told him. He grabbed Brannis from the drivers seat and they jumped out onto the road, and Violet and Peggy followed.

The truck drove straight through a fence, off of a cliff, and into a river below. A bright, large, loud explosion followed.

They all slowly got up, sore and panting.

"Are you alright?" Jarvis asked them.

"I'm fine," Peggy said.

"All good," Violet answered.

"I... I'm afraid Mr. Brannis broke my fall." They all walked over to him. He was lying on his back on the side of the road, blood on his face.

Peggy knelt down next to him. "The rest of the weapons that you stole from Howard. I need to find out where you hid them. You're the only one that knows. I need to find those weapons before—" She reached into his pocket to find his electronic voice box, but as she pulled it out, she noticed it was broken. She threw it off to the side, frustrated. "Leviathan is coming. Help me stop them."

Leet Brannis takes a shaky breath before reaching his hand out to his side. In the gravel, he starts writing— drawing something. A symbol. First, it looks like a heart. Then he draws a curvy horizontal line though it.