Chapter 31

Y/N POV
I snuck out that same morning at 7 am. I didn't want to tell Z where I was going, because I knew she would tell Tom. He didn't deserve to know where I was going. He had gone behind my back and disrespected me. I got an uber and went to the airport. I was thankful for the choice in clothes that I had worn because that's all I had with me and I wasn't going to go back to get my stuff from Tom's place. I bought a baseball cap from a gas station next to the airport and wore a face mask to cover up my identity. I didn't want the press knowing where I was heading and I didn't want them to see me after they found out about Tom's fight with Richard. I boarded the plane and sent a quick text to my parents that I was on my way home.
The flight was hard. My hormones were kicking my butt, and I had realized on the plane that I was now in my third trimester. And I was entering it alone. I also made the mistake of looking through old pictures of Tom and I and wanting to turn around and be done with this fight, but I knew that it wasn't going to end this easily. Tom had gone too far this time. I was still left with unanswered questions. But thankfully I fell asleep after the first hour of a six hour flight.
Back in Los Angeles, Toms POV
"Z, what the fuck do you mean she's not with you?" I asked her. Z stood red eyed and shook her head.
"I don't know Tom. She said she wanted space and didn't say a word on the drive home, so I gave her space and I woke up with her being gone." She said crying. I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms. I was taking out my frustration on the wrong person.
"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm going through a lot right now. I just want to know where she's at." I said tears were creeping into my eyes. It wasn't supposed to be like this.
"Hey Z, do you think you can do me a favor?" I asked in hopes that she would say yes.
"Of course, what is it?" she replied.
"Can you call Harry for me and ask if he knows anything. I'm gonna go home and wait to see if she shows up and i'm going to call around for her." I thanked her on my way out. I kept calling her phone but it went straight to voicemail. It didn't help that I had a killing hangover either. I sent a quick message to Rich and asked if he knew anything about Y/N, hoping and crossing my fingers that he did. As I drove back to our shared apartment, I had imagined walking in and seeing her. I wanted that more than anything, but that wasn't what I arrived too. I was greeted by darkness and confirmed my suspicions that she had left me.

Back to Y/N POV
Getting off the plane was rough. I was nauseous the whole time and just wanted to lay down in bed but I knew what was following. I saw my parents waiting for me outside of the baggage claim. I ran into their arms, no questions asked. They knew not to ask any. This wasn't the first time I came running back to them. I had lost count. There were so many times I came back home after a huge argument with Richard and having him kick me out of our home. And there they always were, welcoming me with big arms ready for me. My mom sat in the back of the car with me as I quietly sobbed into her shoulder. We got to the only actual home I knew. I asked them not to text or call Tom, but I knew my mom would. She always did. She would always text Richard when I came home to them. She said he deserved a peace of mind knowing where I was at and that I was safe. I never thought he did, but she did.
I went up to my old bedroom and laid down on the bed and fell asleep. It was the best sleep I had gotten in days.
Back in LA, Tom POV
"Hey Tom, yeah Harry said he hasn't heard from her but he texted her and said he would text me when she responded. Have you heard from her parents? Or do you want me to call them because I can." Z said through the phone.
"Um, yeah, no it's okay Z. I texted Richard and he said that she had most likely gone back home. I guess she did that a lot while they were together and I already texted her mom and she said she was with them.'' I said with a hoarse voice. I whipped away the tears falling in my eyes. Z said something but I just replied back with 'okays', not paying attention to what was going on. I wished I could go back in time and take what Y/N had told me like a man and not have it reach this level. I told Z goodbye and hung up. I started packing my stuff, texting my assistant to book the next flight out to the north, but then I got a call that made my already falling apart life worse.