章-5

"Oi…Aiko!"

She identified the voice quickly, it was him again. Aiko wished that she could pretend that he didn't exist but that would be the cruelest thing to do to him.

"I expected you, but not this early." She checked the watch and shrugged. "Ah, I can't miss the assemblies again at school, so I decided to visit here early and return back in time." He clarified with a puny smile on his face.

Aiko didn't drive her gazes away from him, she kept staring at the boy till he giggled awkwardly.  "Is anything wrong Aiko? Perhaps you are still furious from yesterday…" His response caught her off guard, she felt remorseful for being relieved because he couldn't catch her staring. 

"No…just leave all those beside and come here," Aiko moved back inside her tent and the latter followed. "I drew a new one." She passed the freshly painted frame to Harua. He grinned excitedly and ran his fingers impatiently over the braille art.

"This is a portrait! Woah, that must have been so hard to draw a braille portrait," He gasped and kept feeling the portrait mean time a slight smile formed on the girl's pink lips. Nonetheless, his excitement veered around into curiosity and determination like he was straining to uncover something. 

"This…this portrait doesn't have a face?"

Aiko anticipated the query to come sooner or later and she was prepared with the answer. "I never drew faces for my illustrations. Don't ask me why…at least not now,"

Harua bobbed his head and slowly extended his hand in search of her head to pat lightly as an appreciation for her formidable work. Aiko chuckled seeing him blundering to find her head, she found it so adorable and decided to play around. However, very unexpectedly his hand came in touch with the side of her face. 

Both Aiko and Harua were flustered yet neither of them moved. The boy gulped and pondered whether he should move back or not. He wasn't able to read the atmosphere around them. On the other hand, Aiko was nervous but she liked how warm his palm was against her cold cheek.

Caught up in the moment, Aiko gradually closed her eyes, and Harua properly held the side of her face firmly. The oddly comfortable ambiance arose in between them and it resumed until a loud thud was heard from behind.

"What the hell-"

And it was none other than Aiko's father who dropped a jumpscare for the teen duo.

Tension-