Terrible News

It was time for the show and The orphans do an acapella version of "Joy to the World"

Tammy: [Singing.] Joy to the world

The Lord is come

Let Earth receive her king~

Let every heart~

Prepare him room~

Orphans: [Singing.] And heaven and nature sing~

And heaven and nature sing~

And heaven~ and heaven and nature sing

As the orphans continue to sing Vector talks to Adri and Luther. "Thank you. Thank you for this." Vector said as he smiled at her "Oh, it's the least we can do." Have you and the Chaotix heard any more about the possible closing?" Luther asked as Vectors frowned a little "Only rumors, but they don't sound good. We can only wait and hope. But the Chaotix will do all we can." Miyu was shocked about the closing as he looked over at Christmas Present "Closing? What is he talking about Adri?" Oh, the orphanage doesn't have the funds to stay open. Most likely they'll close it before spring." She looked over at him and that made him worried about the poor kids, especially little Tammy. "But if the orphanage shuts down, then what will happen to the children?" Christmas Present just shrugs towards him "Oh, they'll find their way, I imagine. Street urchins have for centuries. Of course, that's all a batch of humbug to you, right~?" Miyu gave it some thought as sympathy starts to wash over him. The orphans finish the song and the crowd cheers and applauds. "Wonderful! Wonderful! Spot on!" Christmas Present cheered as Hog cheered in applause. Adri and Luther walked over to them as they hugged the kids from their wonderful performance. "That was amazing. Thank you." Adri smiled "I'm afraid we have to go...but we'll see you all very soon." The children begin to protest as they don't want either of them to leave "No..." Don't go." Can't you just stay for a little while? Please? "Come on, guys. You can stay, can't you?" Adri formed a sad smile as she didn't want to leave as much as they don't "we'd love to, but we have to go back to work." The Kids continue to protest even though Miyu didn't want to see them leave "Oh, no!" He spoke causing Christmas Present to laugh "That's funny. Almost sounds like you changed your mind about us working through Christmas." Miyu noticed and tries to hide his sympathy from her "Oh, not at all. I'm just saying you two could take a slightly longer break if you guys needed to. Slightly." I see." She smirks as she lifted an eyebrow. Suddenly an alarm goes for 1:45 a.m. and Christmas Present looked at the clock. "Oh, Would you look at the time? I'm dreadfully late for another appointment. So just take my hand." She held his hand out towards him but Miyu didn't take it as he wasn't ready to leave "Now?" He asked not ready for the third trip of the night as he want to continue seeing the children "Oh, I just thought you'd need your beauty sleep more than you'd need to watch a bunch of singing children. What was it Sarah told you when you told me?" She raises her hand to her ear so she can hear her famous quote "In a selfish world, the selfish succeed." Miyu said as he straightened up prepared to see the third spirit. "All right. Let's go." Miyu takes Christmas Present's hand and traveled back to Miyu's room.